YT Industries

Aug. 5, 2017, 11:34 a.m.

Arcos headset creaking like nothing I've had before.  Usually you can rip em apart and regrease but that ain't working here.

Temporary fix is to listen to music while riding. On the hunt for CC headset now.

Aug. 7, 2017, 4:04 p.m.

The TRP experiment is over for me.

Rear caliper - one side stopped working long ago.  One of the two piston on the other side is doing all the work.  I normally replace my saints once per season.  Once a month is a bit too rich for my blood.

Thursday can't come soon enough.  Swerx get your ass over here pronto!!

Aug. 7, 2017, 6:06 p.m.

Posted by: Ninjatarian

Man that thing looks great!  Let us know how it is- I don't really know anyone that owns one.

Yeah grambo, Reductiman is getting me down here. It can't all be bad news they got mine in stock and the cc is burning a hole in my poket.!c wtf is up, eh?

Aug. 7, 2017, 7:23 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

The TRP experiment is over for me.

Rear caliper - one side stopped working long ago.  One of the two piston on the other side is doing all the work.  I normally replace my saints once per season.  Once a month is a bit too rich for my blood.

Thursday can't come soon enough.  Swerx get your ass over here pronto!!

So much for the savings of going direct to consumer.  Too bad they dont sell frames separately.....

Aug. 7, 2017, 9:16 p.m.

Guys, I ride a lot. I'm now 350k from a million for the year.

This bike was half the price of a V10.

If you ride as much as me, heads up. If you don't, I suspect your golden.

I didn't do a log of everything that broke last year because I didn't think to. That said, I think we all should regardless how much we ride.

My next bike will be another German one if the rest don't follow suit.

Aug. 8, 2017, 12:19 p.m.

yeha based on how much it seems like you ride, this par for the course no?

I know the years that im riding the park a lot im blowing shit up, especially brakes/forks/headsets so that doesnt faze too much, especially with how dusty it has been.

Aug. 8, 2017, 2:07 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Yeah grambo, Reductiman is getting me down here. It can't all be bad news they got mine in stock and the cc is burning a hole in my poket.!c wtf is up, eh?

The Jeffsy has been great, no problems at all so far but I've only put 250km on it since since getting it 7 weeks ago. Having a bit of trouble getting a good balance of suppleness off the top and mid-stroke on the Pike but that doesn't have anything to do with YT. I will probably throw a Luftkappe in when I get it serviced. The Deluxe shock has surprised me, way better damping and support than the Fox RP2 air shock on my old bike. Thought I would be upgrading it but maybe not. 

Reductimat is racking up crazy vert. Jealous of that. Based on my experience, I would recommend the Jeffsy if it is in stock and you understand that communication/support is hit and miss with the YT Canada rep, you need to be on his ass to get stuff to happen. The bike itself is pretty damn sweet on the trails.

Aug. 11, 2017, 7:01 p.m.

SuspensionWerx just beat my squishy bits with a love baton.

Bike is riding better than new.

Amazing ride.

Aug. 12, 2017, 2:37 a.m.

I should add, zee Germans told fox to do weird things to their spec flagship air shock for this bike.

I trust the north van company to worry about that for me.

Aug. 14, 2017, 11:53 a.m.

Interesting. Questionable choices on custom valving/shim stack?

Aug. 14, 2017, 1:20 p.m.

Wanna demo a jeffsy at crankworx but cant seem to find them anywhere. Website said theyd be here so maybe i just havent looked hard enough

Aug. 14, 2017, 1:20 p.m.

No idea.  James said things and I just nodded and pretended I understood what he was saying...

Aug. 15, 2017, 3:59 p.m.

Posted by: dknapton

Wanna demo a jeffsy at crankworx but cant seem to find them anywhere. Website said theyd be here so maybe i just havent looked hard enough

YT has a big truck setup in the pits in lot 2 or 3, where all the other demo tents are. I rode by on Sunday but didn't see what bikes were available to demo.

Aug. 15, 2017, 4:49 p.m.

Posted by: grambo

Posted by: dknapton

YT has a big truck setup in the pits in lot 2 or 3, where all the other demo tents are. I rode by on Sunday but didn't see what bikes were available to demo.

Damn, just rode through the parking lots down the center and never saw them. Really hope i didnt just not see them

Aug. 16, 2017, 12:44 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

I think so.. the triangle on the non-drive side?

Regardless, e*13 just went fucking huge and I'm all good.

If you're going to buy a YT in Canada, I'd suggest getting ones spec'd with as much e*13 stuff as possible as they provide great support.

Yeah I lost the lock ring for one of their uber expensive cassettes and they're gonna' send me one no charge.