YT Capra

Feb. 7, 2018, 6:07 p.m.

Pretty cool way to launch a bike if you ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ehyHxaGWk&t=627s

Feb. 7, 2018, 7:51 p.m.

How much they payin' you?

Feb. 7, 2018, 8:03 p.m.

Nothing yet.

I hope to turn pro this year though.  Keep your insta account on the lookout for the old fuck hucking huge shit.

Did I miss someone doing a bike intro like that though?

Feb. 8, 2018, 8:48 a.m.

Yeah, I am not one for the marketing fluff...just tell me about the bike. I love movies and entertainment, but I found that to be kinda lame...the goat dude was cool, but it just made no sense....like they got some art film reject to do their marketing...lol. The bike does look fun...a bike park shredder!

Feb. 8, 2018, 9:48 a.m.

I like it. Now they have an XXL that's nice and long. Great standover but a fair amount of stack. Longer CS in the bigger sizes, steep STA. Good times.
Mishmash of EThirteen stuff. Not so sure.
Wish the bigger sizes also got a 175mm dropper and 175mm cranks.
Does the highest end one have carbon rims? 

But overall really nice.

Last edited by: craw on Feb. 8, 2018, 11:21 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 8, 2018, 11:32 a.m.

Id like to call BS on that being a 75-76 degree STA (eff), but since I have no idea how they measured it, I will hold off in doing so :)  Yes, I do know the difference between actual and effective STA, it just doesnt look as steep as other designs that boast those values.

Feb. 8, 2018, 11:58 a.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

Id like to call BS on that being a 75-76 degree STA (eff), but since I have no idea how they measured it, I will hold off in doing so :) Yes, I do know the difference between actual and effective STA, it just doesnt look as steep as other designs that boast those values.

I think ideally they get a number by drawing a straight line from the bb center to the center of the seat collar. It would be great if companies standardized how they measured ESTA. Especially bikes with a very slack actual STA that get a lot slacker for taller seat heights.

Pretty sure that Norco measures their ESTA at estimated seat heights for each size, which is awesome - so even if the ASTA is the same across all sizes the ESTA varies accordingly.

Last edited by: craw on Feb. 8, 2018, 11:59 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 8, 2018, 12:09 p.m.

Posted by: craw

I think ideally they get a number by drawing a straight line from the bb center to the center of the seat collar. It would be great if companies standardized how they measured ESTA. Especially bikes with a very slack actual STA that get a lot slacker for taller seat heights.

Pretty sure that Norco measures their ESTA at estimated seat heights for each size, which is awesome - so even if the ASTA is the same across all sizes the ESTA varies accordingly.

I think the effective seat angle is usually measured at stack height. However, that's still not a very useful number as nobody has their seat at that height. I think all bike companies should include effective seat angles at two or three realistic seat heights for each frame size in their geometry charts.

Feb. 8, 2018, 12:52 p.m.

i'm amazed at the value. $5200usd fully loaded. comparable bikes run $3-4k more. sick.

Last edited by: xy9ine on Feb. 8, 2018, 12:53 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 8, 2018, 6:42 p.m.

I like it. Now they have an XXL that's nice and long. Great standover but a fair amount of stack. Longer CS in the bigger sizes, steep STA. Good times.
Mishmash of EThirteen stuff. Not so sure.
Wish the bigger sizes also got a 175mm dropper and 175mm cranks.
Does the highest end one have carbon rims? 

But overall really nice.

Yep, Pro Race has carbon E13 rims which have a lifetime warranty, I believe first two years they ship you a built-up replacement wheel free of charge and after that you get a rim (you pay for building it). 

Pretty impressed with the new Capra. They fixed the reach, made the seat tube shorter and as a Fox/Shimano guy the build is pretty much perfect, I wouldn't change anything on the Pro Race except maybe sell the Codes and put Saint brakes on.

Comparable Specialized Enduro (Pro) is over $8k - 37% more money. I may end up with a Capra in a year or two, I have a Jeffsy 27 and a DH bike now and will be selling the DH this summer... Capra as one bike to rule them all makes a lot of sense.

Feb. 8, 2018, 8:15 p.m.

Posted by: [email protected]

I think the effective seat angle is usually measured at stack height. However, that's still not a very useful number as nobody has their seat at that height. I think all bike companies should include effective seat angles at two or three realistic seat heights for each frame size in their geometry charts.

I always though Actual sta was the angle of the line from the bb to the collar whereas effective was the angle of the seat tube as compared to say, the ground. So for example the Evils may have a reasonable actual but the effective is slack af.

Feb. 9, 2018, 10:30 a.m.

I think all bike companies should include effective seat angles at two or three realistic seat heights for each frame size in their geometry charts

IMO this arbitrary point should be level with the top of the steer tube.

Feb. 9, 2018, 5:08 p.m.

Impressed with YT for making the two wheelsizes have the same HTA

Feb. 10, 2018, 8:30 a.m.

Posted by: T-mack

I always though Actual sta was the angle of the line from the bb to the collar whereas effective was the angle of the seat tube as compared to say, the ground. So for example the Evils may have a reasonable actual but the effective is slack af.

I'm pretty sure I'm right and you have it backwards. But I've been wrong before.

ESTA

Feb. 11, 2018, 10:26 a.m.

Posted by: shoreboy

Id like to call BS on that being a 75-76 degree STA (eff), but since I have no idea how they measured it, I will hold off in doing so :)  Yes, I do know the difference between actual and effective STA, it just doesnt look as steep as other designs that boast those values.

A buddy brought his new "steep seat angle" Capra by to figure out his saddle set back, in comparison to my "slack seat angle" Reign. Both measured out to nearly identical seat angles. 

After observing the YT purchasing process from start to finish, I have a growing suspicion bull crap may be a corner stone of their business. 😉