your frame is crap

Sept. 4, 2015, 6:28 a.m.

^^ thank you for guinea pigging it. Personally, Im just gonna ride my current bike for a few years until this all shakes out. Maybe all this stuff is really awesome but the staggered release of these non-compatible 'standards' really is a huge burn on consumers.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Sept. 4, 2015, 7:50 a.m.

Any report of frame mfgr's coming out with 148mm dropouts that replace bolt-on dropout made for 142mm ? Do we know if the cassette would clear the stays if set further outboard by just 3mm?

That side does not change. It's the non drive side flange that is moved over. With full boost the chain rings move out as well so the chain stay angle should be the same. Q factor stays the same.

So if one was converting a non boost hub to fit a boost frame, you would need a non drive side adaptor to lengthen 6 mm and to re-dish the wheel to centre the rim between the axle ends.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Sept. 4, 2015, 1:24 p.m.

Any report of frame mfgr's coming out with 148mm dropouts that replace bolt-on dropout made for 142mm ? Do we know if the cassette would clear the stays if set further outboard by just 3mm?

i haven't heard anything. but as soon as i read your questions, i thought "banshee, if anyone". then i read this

Q: Adjustable geometry is a feature on many of the models in Banshee's line - do you feel the extra effort and parts involved to have this as an option is worth it?

A: Without a doubt it is worth it, and our modular dropouts don’t just offer multiple geometry options, they also help future proof riders against new ‘standards’ of wheel size, and axle dimensions. Every rider s an individual and has personal preferences. If they choose to ride our frames, they can benefit from being able to choose what wheel setup they like running most, and the geometry that works well for their riding style and trail conditions. It is their choice if they following what the marketing teams of big brands tell them is best or not. Our frame designs are so versatile that they are even plus size compatible without us specifically designing them to be. Some of our customers are happily running 27+ and 29+ on their Banshee’s, and can adjust geometry to suit their needs. We simply like to give our customers the choice set up the bike the way they want to.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/first-look-banshees-2016-lineup.html

there are already people running 29+ on their primes using 650b dropout from the spitfire/rune

:)

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Sept. 4, 2015, 1:37 p.m.

that just doesn't look right, at all.

Sept. 4, 2015, 2:59 p.m.

I haven't seen one that looks good yet. Maybe I just need to adjust to it. But, that being said, it is nice that the Banshee's have some flexibility to adjust to new standards.

Sept. 4, 2015, 3:29 p.m.

The 27.5+ look great IMO. The 29+ just looks like it's a bit more rotational weight than I'd be interested in shlepping up hill. Love my 29er though.

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 4, 2015, 4:13 p.m.

jeez, you don't like 29ers, you don't like fat bikes, you don't like + bikes; how old are you again?

it is nice that the Banshee's have some flexibility to adjust to new standards.

that's all i was sayin

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

Sept. 4, 2015, 4:23 p.m.

Cheese sauce. Poor guy is missing out some great haiku.
:(

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 8, 2015, 10:08 a.m.

Had a great weekend on my 27.5+ setup. If you just riding along, it makes 8hr days that much more enjoyable. Bonus points in loose or rocky conditions, which is mostly what we rode.

Sept. 8, 2015, 11:20 a.m.

^
Do you have any
Pictures of your wicked bike
Boost 148!

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 8, 2015, 12:05 p.m.

Had a great weekend on my 27.5+ setup. If you just riding along, it makes 8hr days that much more enjoyable. Bonus points in loose or rocky conditions, which is mostly what we rode.

i really need to get out [HTML_REMOVED] do do some of that (chilcotin multiday). what you do?

Sept. 8, 2015, 1:32 p.m.

No pictures at this time.

i really need to get out [HTML_REMOVED] do do some of that (chilcotin multiday). what you do?

No multi days, just 3 individual day trips.

Day 1: Camel Pass

Day 2: Castle Pass. This is the approach side of the pass, with my previously post pic above being the descent side.

Day 3: Lick Creek descent (forget the pass name that you access Lick Creek through).

Sept. 8, 2015, 1:40 p.m.

^very cool.

Sept. 11, 2015, 11:02 a.m.

:lol:

http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en/ca/bronson

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 11, 2015, 12:09 p.m.

:lol:

http://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en/ca/bronson

Well there you go. The bandwagon is moving. Get on it now. Rethinking all this boost stuff, multi speed cassettes have pushed the drive flange over and those spokes are not at a good angle. Also if one was to adapt a non boost hub you also need to move the disc rotor and/or the caliper accordingly. I hadn't thought about that. I just got my Bronson this February too. Now I ain't the cool guy anymore.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.