x-king, ardent race or rock razor

Nov. 15, 2014, 7:15 a.m.

Ardent Race, 29x2.2 EXO/3C is light at 720g. The HR2 2.3 EXO/3C is like 900g. What accounts for that weight difference? Does EXO mean slightly different things between the XC and AM application?

120tpi casing on the Ardent Race vs. 60tpi casing on the HR2 is the main difference.

Dec. 13, 2014, 12:19 a.m.

Ok so I look at an image of an and see what you mean about transitional knobs.
What are like?
Or maybe I should just ?

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 14, 2014, 8:39 p.m.

So no one no know Nobby Nic?

I see the new Transitions are shod with them.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Dec. 14, 2014, 10:29 p.m.

So no one no know Nobby Nic?

I see the new Transitions are shod with them.

Schwalbe had re-done the Nobby Nic for 2015. Apparently a much better tire now! I think the one you have posted up is one of the older ones, which I found kind of scary in the wet. Havent tried the new ones, but am contemplating putting it on the back instead of a HD to get a bit better roller.

Dec. 15, 2014, 6:39 a.m.

The Ardent 2.4 is a different animal than the 2.25. It's still not the best but doesn't have that dump-you-on-your-face transitional cornering ability that the regular Ardent has.

Its funny you say that because here in Kamloops, the Ardent is a great tire. Its becoming my go-to summer tire. It has a predictability about where it will let go if pushed hard, but it rarely totally washes out. If you can keep that under control, you are rewarded by its fast rolling resistance.

I find for here, the 2.25" is significantly grippier than the 2.4, which tends to float a lot more. Mind you I've only run it in the back.

The only time I find its a scary tire is when I hit those super dry soft silty corners. If the trail is hardpack then the tire is a great performer.

Dec. 15, 2014, 7:51 p.m.

Schwalbe had re-done the Nobby Nic for 2015. Apparently a much better tire now! I think the one you have posted up is one of the older ones, which I found kind of scary in the wet. Havent tried the new ones, but am contemplating putting it on the back instead of a HD to get a bit better roller.

I did not know that. Thanks.

Dec. 21, 2014, 2:14 p.m.

On my "Shore-XC" wheels I have recently switched to a set of Specialized Slaughter tires (2.3 // Control sidewall) and I'm actually blown away how good they are.

In a straight line they roll almost as fast as the 2.2 Ikons I was running (almost), but cornering traction is on par with the Schwalbe Magic Mary (SG) I use up front on my heavy-duty wheels.

Most impressive is that they totally do not suck braking down wet roots//rocks. Not comparable to the Magic Mary, but definitely better than a lot of tires I have used that are more aggressive//slower rolling.

As a rear tire (with something more aggressive mounted up front) I think they are an easy recommendation for anyone pedaling up to come down (Grid sidewall if you're pounding on them?)

For XC Riding in the winter they are the best combination of fast rolling + not scary that I have tried (Front and Rear).

Specialized was also nice enough to make the logos relatively small//bland, which is a nice departure from ~ everything else they do.

Comparably cheap too!

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

Dec. 21, 2014, 3:46 p.m.

I put my rockrazor pacestar on backwards by mistake a while ago. It works a lot better in the wet .

Dec. 21, 2014, 10:35 p.m.

On my "Shore-XC" wheels I have recently switched to a set of Specialized Slaughter tires (2.3 // Control sidewall) and I'm actually blown away how good they are.

In a straight line they roll almost as fast as the 2.2 Ikons I was running (almost), but cornering traction is on par with the Schwalbe Magic Mary (SG) I use up front on my heavy-duty wheels.

Most impressive is that they totally do not suck braking down wet roots//rocks. Not comparable to the Magic Mary, but definitely better than a lot of tires I have used that are more aggressive//slower rolling.

As a rear tire (with something more aggressive mounted up front) I think they are an easy recommendation for anyone pedaling up to come down (Grid sidewall if you're pounding on them?)

For XC Riding in the winter they are the best combination of fast rolling + not scary that I have tried (Front and Rear).

Specialized was also nice enough to make the logos relatively small//bland, which is a nice departure from ~ everything else they do.

Comparably cheap too!

Where did you buy them?

Dec. 21, 2014, 10:40 p.m.

Im waiting on the 29er Rock Razor SG TrailStar for the rear

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 21, 2014, 11:04 p.m.

Where did you buy them?

Uncle Lou; he had one left in stock (29er) but I know a few people considering them so asked re. inventory. If you are looking for a Control (Grid N/A at the moment) fire him an e-mail (Lou[HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED]at[HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED]obsessionbikes.com) as he has another order going in.

Im waiting on the 29er Rock Razor SG TrailStar for the rear

Maybe to match the Magic Mary (SG) on my heavy duty wheelset, but I bought these as XC+ tires and 1100+ grams doesn't appeal for the application.

The non-SG Schwalbes are notably lighter but have - in my experience - disintegration issues. Slaughter is unknown in that regard, but even if they last ~ same/same they are much less expensive.

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

Dec. 21, 2014, 11:26 p.m.

Yeah I've had a pretty okay run with the Purg on the rear of my Chromag. The issue would be acquiring a Slaughter from Specialized Canada…

Other tires Im entertaining for the rear are the Trail King 2.2 Protection Apex, Bonti SE4 Team Issue. Could also look at the new Nobby Nic SS TrailStar

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 22, 2014, 9:45 a.m.

Word is Maxxis is bringing something out in this class of tire. Super fast centre knobs with real DH style side knobs.

Dec. 22, 2014, 10:05 p.m.

Hmmm… also looks light on transitional knobs but it works you say? cool….

Ok this image looks different….

Dec. 23, 2014, 6:31 a.m.

that tire looks good!