X-Fusion

Oct. 4, 2015, 3:36 p.m.

Picked up a different bike with a 170mm Vengeance R, I threw every thing I could at it this weekend and it feels great. Any comments on the HLR damper? I hear good things. I used all of the travel on a hard landing (lightly bottomed out) so the preload seems about perfect, some compression adjustability would be right up my alley. The upgraded damper can be had locally for $250 and the install looks dead simple. What say ye NSMB?

Oct. 4, 2015, 9:56 p.m.

I have a Vengeance HLR. Cant say enough great things about it. The adjustments are noticeable click to click, and with something like 15 clicks or so it is a fairly wide range to get exactly how you like it.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Oct. 5, 2015, 12:37 a.m.

I have one on my enduro evo. Can't fault it. After 3 years of use still feels great.

Oct. 5, 2015, 1:49 a.m.

Same.

I have a few X-Fusion forks/posts. Slant DLA, and a HLR Vengeance.
The forks have taken a shitton of shenanigans, and still feel awesome.

Will most likely pick up a new RevelX this winter when available.

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Oct. 5, 2015, 11:08 a.m.

Great sounds like it's worth the $250 upgrade then. Alot cheaper than upgrading to Fox or Rockshox and I keep hearing the x-fusion might actually outperform the big boys.

Oct. 6, 2015, 1:05 a.m.

IMO…X-Fusion is SERIOUSLY under rated. Forks anyways…shocks I'm not so sure…

Oct. 6, 2015, 5:36 a.m.

IMO…X-Fusion is SERIOUSLY under rated. Forks anyways…shocks I'm not so sure…

If you buy a top shelf X-Fusion shock like a Vector HLR (coil or air) the ride quality is amazing. The coil shocks are so bloody sensitive off the top that chatter is all but gone.

I just put two seasons on my Metric fork. Two tear-downs, including two damper oil changes, and everything inside looks like it was just assembled. I'm probably going to get the new Revel with a roughcut damper for next year. It will be hard to give up on the Metric. My only real complaint about the Metric is that its loud, especially if you use a lighter weight oil.

Oct. 6, 2015, 9:51 a.m.

If you buy a top shelf X-Fusion shock like a Vector HLR (coil or air) the ride quality is amazing. The coil shocks are so bloody sensitive off the top that chatter is all but gone.

I just put two seasons on my Metric fork. Two tear-downs, including two damper oil changes, and everything inside looks like it was just assembled. I'm probably going to get the new Revel with a roughcut damper for next year. It will be hard to give up on the Metric. My only real complaint about the Metric is that its loud, especially if you use a lighter weight oil.

The Revel with the new damper certainly piques my interest.. I had a Vengeance a few years back and it was a very good fork, although the CSU started to creak a bit on it. Too bad I am a BOS whore otherwise price/performance wise X-Fusion is a solid choice.

Oct. 6, 2015, 12:59 p.m.

The Vivid 5.1 is a huge step up in performance over my previous Roco otherwise I'd be temped to buy a Vector. X-fusions customer service is top notch so far.

March 17, 2016, 7:42 a.m.

First small batch of Revels is shipping from Taiwan within the next couple weeks.

I'm picking one up for my newest hardtail gearbox project. :)

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

March 16, 2017, 2:55 p.m.

What is the largest 26" tire that will spin in a 170 mm Vengeance R? I have a Duro Razorback 26 X 3.0 I really like, it sits right at 27.5" diameter. What say the learned of NSMB?

March 28, 2017, 3:30 p.m.

Posted by: CB-Spoolmak

What is the largest 26" tire that will spin in a 170 mm Vengeance R? I have a Duro Razorback 26 X 3.0 I really like, it sits right at 27.5" diameter. What say the learned of NSMB?

Answering my own question for future generations: Duro Razorback 26 X 3.0 spins just fine if the wheel is true.

March 29, 2017, 9:05 a.m.

I had an X-Fusion RL O2 shock on my last bike and it was great, totally predictable and never any issues. 

I have a Rockshox Monarch Plus RC3 on my current bike and it has gotten stuck down 3 times in the last 2 months. Opened, cleaned, changed seals, lubed, still gets stuck down.  Currently being sent back for warranty.