Wrist brace

Feb. 14, 2016, 4:15 p.m.

I.m almost recovered from a scaphoid wrist injury and hopefully can start some easy rides but i'll need a wrist brace. Anyone here have experience with any braces and where to get one??

Feb. 14, 2016, 9:07 p.m.

Broke my ulna and radius at the wrist and wore this when I came back as I had it for snowboarding.

http://www.amazon.com/Flexmeter-Wrist-Guard-Single-Sided/dp/B00BLS3H6Y

It flexes but won't let you hyper extend. I generally don't ride with gloves to it didn't bother me to go without as its not really practical to wear one underneath. I did find I got arm pump more rapidly as there's a bit more mass in the palm than a glove.

The surgeon told me I didn't need to wear it but I did for piece of mind really for a few months. I was really glad to be done with it when I was ready. Work hard on your range of motion and strength and ditch it asap.

Good luck!

Feb. 15, 2016, 6:29 a.m.

you should see a kinesiologist. they can point you in the right direction.I broke my wrist many years ago and when I was ready to get going again I saw a woman who has a clinic on schoolhouse in Coq. she was able to set me up with a really cool carbon fibre unit. it was intended for moto cross use. It was hinged,open palmed so you could wear a riding glove with it. also had a knob on the back of it to control tension on the hinge so you could control range of motion. was a very light and slick little device.allowed me to get back on my bike and ride with confidence

Feb. 15, 2016, 6:52 a.m.

have not been able to find the brace but it was by Innovation sports cti wrist brace.
hope this helps. worked well for me.

Feb. 15, 2016, 8:24 p.m.

Triple 8 wrist gaurds. I have used these for more than fifteen years. I go through about three sets a year +/-. I put my gloves on and then these over top of them. As my hands are my job, I wear them all the time off road. Sure, I know how to fall, but these have saved me countless times. They are inexpensive, easy to get used to, make you look like a Terminator, provide tons of support/protection and will always be cheaper than surgery. Believe me, I tried every guard/brace out there including custom orthotic numbers. These are WAY more durable, protective and economic. I do not ride without them. I have taken plenty of nasty falls, but zero wrist injuries. :devil:

"Everything popular is wrong." -Oscar Wilde

Feb. 16, 2016, 12:20 a.m.

Got a wrist thing going on too and just noticed this on vital, http://www.vitalmtb.com/forums/The-Hub,2/Allsport-Dynamics-Wrist-Braces,8748

~~~~~~~~~~~

Feb. 16, 2016, 9:30 a.m.

^
my friend runs one of those and he likes it but it ain't cheap but worth it for a guy who broke both his wrists twice in a year

Feb. 19, 2016, 1:36 p.m.

I did an amazing job of busting my wrist just riding down Blackcomb Way in August last year. I didn't realise at the time I'd broken my scaphoid, another bone [HTML_REMOVED] wrecked some tendons.

I picked up an ASD brace from someone on the WBS Facebook page, and by luck it fitted ok. Bought it to keep on riding while we were there, finally got it X-Rad'd when we got home and found out what a mess I made of it.

They are loads of money new, but it enabled me to keep riding and to keep riding since. I still can't ride without a brace on, can't do a push up, open a jar etc, but I can ride.

If you can afford it, they are pretty much the daddy of all to buy.

Blur 4X - Sunday Factory.

Feb. 19, 2016, 1:41 p.m.

I have used a basic model from 661 since breaking mine on some extreme north shore riding(Bridal Path). Can't really go wrong with $15 or so. There is no material near the palm of your hand so really comfortable.

http://www.amazon.com/Six-One-Wrist-Wrap-Pro/dp/B00F4O02VE