Worst mtb branding?

April 10, 2010, 5:27 p.m.

omg you have bombers! those were like the shit in grade 6

:lol:

stair sets and retaining walls and catwalks

April 10, 2010, 7:10 p.m.

Don't get me wrong, they can be made quite nicely in the right circumstances, but they are definitely not the be all/end all design that so many people get sucked into believing. Conversely, like I said, some single pivot designs are far from the worst designs on the market. Evil comes to mind.

The FSR/Horst name is a great selling feature, but it doesn't mean its that effective.

Example, a Balfa/Appalache style single pivot is hands down a better design that most designs on the market, including the Horst link.

I don't care what's actually better, I was just explaining why FSR linkage has a good reputation. This is a marketing thread afterall.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

April 10, 2010, 7:16 p.m.

the reason FSR (and by extension, Norcos) does well on the shore is because the scared brake draggers can skid all the way down CBC and Ned's and the suspension will still feel supple.

Check my stuff for sale!

April 10, 2010, 8:48 p.m.

the reason FSR (and by extension, Norcos) does well on the shore is because the scared brake draggers can skid all the way down CBC and Ned's and the suspension will still feel supple.

:lol:

April 11, 2010, 5:02 p.m.

DA BOMB had better have made it in here.

Also Kona's whole "over overbuilt" thing. Like, well, couldn't you just build it correctly in the first place instead of taking something not strong enough and just slapping more metal on the joints?

April 11, 2010, 6:26 p.m.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FullMonty again.

:lol: Works for me!

April 11, 2010, 7:44 p.m.

This coming from a guy riding a Kona.

Shed head!

April 11, 2010, 11:28 p.m.

This coming from a guy riding a Kona.

hey, I used to ride a Gnarco. I've definitely learned to be more strategic with my braking since getting a Stab, and I've also gotten much faster.

Check my stuff for sale!

April 12, 2010, 8:27 a.m.

Not exactly MTBing but the Bike Safe……..

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

April 12, 2010, 12:08 p.m.

hey, I used to ride a Gnarco. I've definitely learned to be more strategic with my braking since getting a Stab, and I've also gotten much faster.

That's nuts, because I'm the opposite.
Going from a nicely built Stinky to the DH and I not only feel faster, but more in control. It's when I leave the ground that the DH shines. I now call the old Stinky "the bar stool" because it has such an upright feel compared to the Norco.

To each there own. I'm in no way mocking any bike or design, because I know that it all comes down to rider feel and skill.

June 9, 2010, 1:01 p.m.

when they come out with a steel jake, i am buying it

kona prototyped one many moons back. the guy who owned cable and cogs on broadway in vancouver owned and raced one, but i don't think they ever made it to production. seems like a no-brainer for kona, a steel (which they definitely seem to be going back to) version of one of their more popular and functional bikes

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 9, 2010, 1:35 p.m.

Is it wrong to treat myself to a Handjob for father's day?
:eek2:

Wrong. Always.

June 9, 2010, 1:55 p.m.

Is it wrong to treat myself to a Handjob for father's day?
:eek2:

not wrong, but sad. can't your bbm treat you to a handjob? if she balks, tell her to be thankful you're not asking for a hooker

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

June 9, 2010, 2:02 p.m.

bbm?

Wrong. Always.

June 9, 2010, 2:54 p.m.

bbm?

ba by mama