WOODman Components

July 14, 2003, 1:37 p.m.

Does anyone out there run any of their parts?

From everything I have seen in person, and online, everything they make looks super legit.

I am mainly interested in the Wide N' Wild SP bars.

660mm width, 45mm rise, either 10 or 3 degree back sweep. They are 100 grams more than the Answer Pro-Tapers (1" rise, 50g's more than the 2" rise)

What do you guys think?

These or the pro-tapers.

Link: http://www.woodmancomponents.com/products/items/2k2/hbars/wnw_sp.html

I like my women like I like my Scotch. 15 years old and mixed up with coke.

July 14, 2003, 2:44 p.m.

FSA DH400.

But seriously, Woodman seems to be on top of their game for components. They also offer a wide range of parts and accessories. I was just on the phone with them today checking on fork bumpers.

drifting…yet again…

July 14, 2003, 2:47 p.m.

my brother just got his bars and stem in , hes gonna try them out tonite, (i will too just for you ;) ) and i'll tell you how i like them !! :D

_SALE: 01 Drop frame, shore linkage, new RC + extras! _

July 14, 2003, 2:51 p.m.

Dean, I would really appreciate it.

I also want any info on the pedals. Mainly the crucial spikey ones. Think they will be worth the 50 grams over the Atomlab Lexan pedals?

I am thinking about both when my Snafu's finally screw the pooch.

Pedal Info:

July 14, 2003, 3:14 p.m.

the atom lab lexans are for racing only and ive heard endless stories of people cracking them even when racing i would go for the woodmans or the atomlab aircorps i have the atomlabs and i love them no complaints so far

July 14, 2003, 3:34 p.m.

Crazy guy - Thank you for that. I was curious about the cracking. I appreciate it. I will attempt a pro-deal on the Woodman pedals. They look uber sexy :thepimp:

July 14, 2003, 3:44 p.m.

i have a woodman stem, its really nice,

July 14, 2003, 3:47 p.m.

Originally posted by BAC5.2
Crazy guy - Thank you for that. I was curious about the cracking. I appreciate it. I will attempt a pro-deal on the Woodman pedals. They look uber sexy :thepimp:

noproblem i like those woodmans but im sticking ot my aircorps for awhile:)

July 14, 2003, 3:56 p.m.

yeha i just busted my block8's , im thinking of getting either the woodman spikeys, or the atomlab aircorps. I cant really decide, i dont know about the "spikes" on the woodmans, they look like they wont last to long… and dont look like they'll grip to well… :s

July 14, 2003, 5:03 p.m.

well id say.. if they made em like that they msut of been tested and found to be acceptable to work… they wouldent sell stuff that didnt work for people..

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

July 14, 2003, 6:21 p.m.

yea, I have a feeling that Woodman is hardcore about their products. I have never seen broken woodman stuff.

I am torn between the Woodman pedals and the Aircorp's (or some Sun ZUZU's). All three are about the same weight.

I think if you have any form of tread on your shoes (i.e. not completely flat) then the Woodman spikes will be pretty good. I have some DC's that have the pill pattern sole. I'll give them a shot and write a review.

July 14, 2003, 7:30 p.m.

Originally posted by DangerousDean
yeha i just busted my block8's , im thinking of getting either the woodman spikeys, or the atomlab aircorps

The Aircorps are Atomlab's racing pedal and more lightweight then strong. If you're breaking pedals, the Trailking would be a better choice…

July 14, 2003, 7:34 p.m.

Burnwood -

Do you think the additional few grams for the Woodman pedals are worth it over the Aircorps? Would you sacrifice a few grams more for the Trail Kings? I want light weight and strength.

July 14, 2003, 10:18 p.m.

woodman's components are catalogue parts from taiwan mostly, so they're prety good quality. they do some modifications, like the pointy pegs in the stock welgo pedal.

i'd trust a company that makes their own handlebars if that's what you're looking for.

pip

www.bansheebikes.com

July 14, 2003, 10:34 p.m.

THIS JUST IN:
I jsut got a "early" birthday present, along with the bar and stem my borther purchased he purchased some woodman spikey pedals, when he got home from calgary he found out i busted my pedals and was using his, so he gave me my birthday present, YAY!i got woodman spikys!! SOOO nice, awomse grip, havnt tryed them to much but WOW, pretty low profile, nice and big.

Also, his bars and stem, he got the 35mm stem, it fells pretty much the same as my funn serial killa/fatboiy slim combo, wiht a little more sweep it seams, very nice combo, nive looking and feeling. i'd get them, but with the longer stem

This is dean, signing off
over and out.