Wolf Tooth (ReMote) Props

July 12, 2021, 1:45 p.m.

I have Light Action ReMote levers on 2 bikes. I've found them to be the easiest to set up in the right position and best functioning dropper levers if you want to integrate with your brakes (I have the Magura version).

On Friday, in an awkward crash, I broke the part that clamps to the brake lever / master cylinder around the handlebar but the actual lever seemed to be fine. I thought I was stuck buying a whole new ReMote assembly. Not so fast. Wolf Tooth sells ReMote replacement parts so I was able to just buy the specific part that broke (for way less money) instead of a whole new lever assembly. Amazing. And, also amazing, I ordered the part I needed yesterday and it shipped today.

So, props to Wolf Tooth for ease of service / availability of replacement parts (and lightning fast turnaround).

Last edited by: Bushpilot on July 12, 2021, 1:47 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
July 12, 2021, 4:52 p.m.

This type of turn around would be impressive anytime, but in the current climate of bike part availability, this is simply amazing.

July 12, 2021, 5:12 p.m.

Good to hear, I’ve been wondering if you get anything for your money with the brand name levers.

July 13, 2021, 6:13 a.m.

Best dropper lever out there in my opinion. Need to get them for my other 2 bikes.

Wolftooth customer service is great and having all the small parts available is so awesome!

July 13, 2021, 11:18 a.m.

Quick update. Just got a notification that my order is out for delivery. So, ordered Sunday and delivery here in Vancouver by Tuesday. I’m super impressed.

July 13, 2021, 3:13 p.m.

Delivered about an hour ago. That’s less than 48 hours from the U.S. to my door during COVID. Incredible service.

July 13, 2021, 10:20 p.m.

I have several wt levers. Couldn't agree more, they are a quality piece of kit. 

I also have a oneup lever that is pretty good. They put the lever further forwards, which is actually more ergonomic but the wt lever sits in the exact same position as the big shifter lever, which feels symmetric. Turns out I like symmetry better than ergonomics.

July 14, 2021, 1:39 p.m.

Just converted my gravel bike, which came with flat bars and a dropper seat post, to a drop bar, and look at you Wolf Tooth, for $20 US, you will sell me the 31.8mm clamp to keep using the same lever assembly, sure beats having to buy a new remote. Pleasantly and happily surprised.

July 15, 2021, 1 a.m.

Posted by: rnayel

Just converted my gravel bike, which came with flat bars and a dropper seat post, to a drop bar, and look at you Wolf Tooth, for $20 US, you will sell me the 31.8mm clamp to keep using the same lever assembly, sure beats having to buy a new remote. Pleasantly and happily surprised.

I used my left STI lever to activate my dropper. I had no other use for it as I don't run a front derailleur. Works great actually.

July 15, 2021, 7:39 a.m.

I’ve been thinking about doing this with an XTR front shifter I have kicking around, just like the old days when dropper levers were universally terrible. 

Because I too love symmetry.

July 15, 2021, 10:37 a.m.

Posted by: tashi

I’ve been thinking about doing this with an XTR front shifter I have kicking around, just like the old days when dropper levers were universally terrible. 

I have this setup on an old dropper, I love it. It was a slight pain to set up the cable, but really just have to deal with that once every few years.

The down side is most modern droppers fix the cable end the 'right' way now so this makes the hacked front shifter remotes a much less viable option.

July 15, 2021, 11:10 a.m.

Oh riiiiiiight, forgot about the cable issue.

Guess I'll just stick with my $30 Amazon special that works reliably and is in almost the same spot as my shifter.

July 15, 2021, 11:36 a.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

Posted by: rnayel

I used my left STI lever to activate my dropper. I had no other use for it as I don't run a front derailleur. Works great actually.

I’d do that too but I have a sram 1x setup with no actuator on the left lever.

July 16, 2021, 12:06 a.m.

Posted by: UFO

Posted by: tashi

I have this setup on an old dropper, I love it. It was a slight pain to set up the cable, but really just have to deal with that once every few years.

The down side is most modern droppers fix the cable end the 'right' way now so this makes the hacked front shifter remotes a much less viable option.

It's trickier, but can be done with some shed bodging. Then once set up, as pointed out, only an issue when you want to swap something.