who services KS posts?

March 4, 2015, 11:52 p.m.

2 seasons on a KS lev with zero issues until now - sags under weight (doesn't lock) at any setting. air pressure is fine, not related to cable. i guess it needs a seal kit, etc.

anyway, i don't feel like sending it in to norco, unlikely to see it back anytime soon.
no response from the US service center.
anyone local service them?

(between this and the reverb nightmares i wonder why i'm not still running gravity droppers!)

March 5, 2015, 12:27 a.m.

DIY?

http://forums.mtbr.com/all-mountain/ks-lev-diy-cartridge-rebuild-899659.html

March 5, 2015, 6:24 a.m.

DIY?

http://forums.mtbr.com/all-mountain/ks-lev-diy-cartridge-rebuild-899659.html

This is what I've followed. If you can service a fork then a KS seatpost should be almost as easy. Step 5 is about the trickiest part if you don't have a vice with soft jaws.

March 5, 2015, 7:53 a.m.

I just picked up a new KS lev last night. Im thinking I'll send it in for warranty before I pull it out of the box, you know, to be proactive and all.

March 5, 2015, 8:08 a.m.

Lynn Valley Bikes did mine last summer. Worked like new after that. Going on to year 3 with the KS and not issues so far.

March 5, 2015, 9:17 a.m.

I just picked up a new KS lev last night. Im thinking I'll send it in for warranty before I pull it out of the box, you know, to be proactive and all.

I had to do that once with a brand new out of the box Reverb… f*ck.

March 5, 2015, 9:26 a.m.

Mine's three years old. I've had to do some minor cable maintenance over the years (once at Obsession, once at Corsa, once at Lynn Valley) but the internals of the post are going strong. Is there a need to do regular maintenance (as for forks or whatever)?

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 5, 2015, 9:37 a.m.

Lambert is doing the service now. Just got mine back last week.

March 5, 2015, 9:54 a.m.

(between this and the reverb nightmares i wonder why i'm not still running gravity droppers!)

I know they are not cool, or attractive, and I am starting to sound like a broken record… but, my Gravity Dropper (with Fox remote) has as light an action as anything on the market, awesome lever ergonomics, and until this month all I have done is occasionally grease the internals, changed the upper bushing ([HTML_REMOVED]$5) and I changed one cable.

The shaft finally became a bit too sloppy and I decided to tackle replacing the shaft bushings. It is a slightly draconian process (tools required: hammer, punch, pliers, knife) but it it took less thank 10minutes (total) to install [HTML_REMOVED]$5 worth of parts (and to size the bushings with the knife for the best friction:tightness ratio) and the post works like new.

Pretty awesome.

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

March 5, 2015, 10:35 a.m.

2 seasons on a KS lev with zero issues until now

2 years and no issues is not bad, actually really good.

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

March 5, 2015, 10:48 a.m.

I know they are not cool, or attractive, and I am starting to sound like a broken record… but, my Gravity Dropper (with Fox remote) has as light an action as anything on the market, awesome lever ergonomics, and until this month all I have done is occasionally grease the internals, changed the upper bushing ([HTML_REMOVED]$5) and I changed one cable.

The shaft finally became a bit too sloppy and I decided to tackle replacing the shaft bushings. It is a slightly draconian process (tools required: hammer, punch, pliers, knife) but it it took less thank 10minutes (total) to install [HTML_REMOVED]$5 worth of parts (and to size the bushings with the knife for the best friction:tightness ratio) and the post works like new.

Pretty awesome.

Yep, you can't beat the GD for simplicity and reliability… I am hating the current crop of droppers due to their lacklustre track records.

March 5, 2015, 12:34 p.m.

Gravity Dropper (with Fox remote)

The remote makes a world of difference.

Stock remote feels like something from 1957 compared to the feel of one with a Fox remote.

Biggles put one on his and I am envious.

I've got a Reverb on the fully and I really don't like it after a few years with the GD.

March 5, 2015, 12:45 p.m.

Biggles put one on his and I am envious.

Yeah and Steve did it next level (compared to my rig-up) in terms of removing the superfluous lever and manufacturing a barrel for the cable that interfaces in the lever.

Very nice.

Mean People SUCK! Nice People SHOVEL!

Trails For All; Trails For Weather

March 5, 2015, 1:07 p.m.

Yeah and Steve did it next level (compared to my rig-up) in terms of removing the superfluous lever and manufacturing a barrel for the cable that interfaces in the lever.

Very nice.

One of these might work with a GD? Its a nice lever design and orientation is adjustable.

http://www.9point8.ca/remotes/thumb-remote

March 5, 2015, 9:05 p.m.

Have you checked the bottom of the post to make sure it is fully screwed on?
The issue you're having sounds similar to what I had happen to my KS post last year. When I took it out of my frame with the intention of sending it to be serviced I found that the bottom cap of the post had rattled loose. I tightened it up and it has been running well ever since.