Who got CERIP money ?

March 2, 2021, 8:35 a.m.

100 million in CERIP mhttps://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/economic-recovery/ceriponey

I think Nelson/Whitewater may have got the biggest chunk at 1 million for bike/ hike/ climbing

,http://thenelsondaily.com/news/rdck-whitewater-ski-resort-partner-receive-funding-provinces-community-economic-recovery

Up here Smithers/ HBM got a good chunk i believe it was 500,000 $ the most of any local projects applying for grants

so while there was some good grant wring for sure it would appear mtn biking is on the govy radar for economic stimulus

March 3, 2021, 10:33 a.m.

"The Smithers Mountain Bike Association and Hudson Bay Mountain Resort are receiving $596,400 for mountain bike trail enhancements and for improvements to the chairlift to permit loading of mountain bikes!

The Town will receive $980,000 for Phase 1 of the arena ice plants consolidation and heat recovery project. "

a press release from the mayor ^^ , so how this kind of thing goes in small towns is a bunch of old/ and or small minded fucks complain bitterly about any money being spent especialy on things like biking or even a public washroom  so its good to get it out that this is not your local tax money,  its grant money

March 5, 2021, 12:38 p.m.

XXX_er this is really great news. And perfect timing since Tabor Mtn pretty much looks like a ghost town...I don’t see any summer lift access happening in PG again any time soon.

March 5, 2021, 1:15 p.m.

Every year the gov has to use it or lose it, get rid of budget money which has always been reffered to as " march madness " and I so I don't think its any coincidence that its March, I think you need a good idea and good grant writer the $$$$$$$ numbers would indicate the Gov will support mtn biking, i knew a govy guy in MOF who was really good at giving away the $$$$$$$$$ but I lost touch with whatsup due to covid. Terrace/ hazelton/ smither/ houston/ burns lake/ PG/ Valemont mtn biking trails appear to be happening all along the hy 16 corridor,

Yes the lift riding at Tabor was not a lot of $ / only 15 min from PeeG, pretty good back in the day IMO but not that many people wanted to support it for whatever reason,

March 5, 2021, 1:50 p.m.

Yes, the whole “Route 16” thing is getting better every year. It’s pretty awesome to see and great for the region. Which reminds me, I need to ride out west this summer for sure. 

And....since this is the gear thread, if they’re running lifts in the summer in Smithers then I’m buying a DH sled!

March 5, 2021, 7:32 p.m.

i have no idea what the plan is but any free money is awesume, Mtn bikers are definatley good for business, if yer looking for folks who don't mind spending money I think its mtn bike and or skiers / paddler/ climber on the dirtbag spectrum best to worst

yeah so I put this in the rong forum, not many fucks given, I did also post it in trail news & maintenance but whom is going to read it when they are too busy wanking about on NBR ?

March 6, 2021, 1:17 p.m.

Lol. I rarely post on here anymore, never in NBR. That’s a goddamn mine field! Cheers. I’ll buy you a beer in exchange for directions if we get to Smithers this summer.