Which knee pads are you guys using?

May 1, 2019, 9:42 p.m.

i just thought it would look cool to see my initials leading the top 4 threads, just for petty giggles.

May 1, 2019, 10:18 p.m.

Posted by: JBV

i just thought it would look cool to see my initials leading the top 4 threads, just for petty giggles.

I did that with the whole main page once, but it was harder back then as the site had more traffic.

May 3, 2019, 10:28 p.m.

Been running a set of POC VPDs for a few years now. They're bombproof. Zero damage to them and me. Saved losing a few kilos off the knees over the years.

Some people dont like em because you gotta take your shoes off. That never bothers me, gives me a chance to tip out some loam. Don't know why that's such a huge factor for people, will they turn into a pumpkin if they take their shoes off in the forest?

May 6, 2019, 4:12 p.m.

Posted by: TheWasp

Been running a set of POC VPDs for a few years now. They're bombproof. Zero damage to them and me. Saved losing a few kilos off the knees over the years.

Some people dont like em because you gotta take your shoes off. That never bothers me, gives me a chance to tip out some loam. Don't know why that's such a huge factor for people, will they turn into a pumpkin if they take their shoes off in the forest?

Hah. Not a huge deal, but nice to take them full off/on and strap to top tube or pack for long climbs, or take em off to eat lunch if it's hot out etc.

May 13, 2019, 7:23 a.m.

They are all so personal, but for me the 7iDP projects are super comfortable, but seriously warm, as they are basically a thick leg warmer, with a big pad attached to them. They would be my heavy duty go to pad I think these days.

For lighter duties, i've never worn anything as comfortable as the Dainese Trail Skins 2. I came across them by chance after forgetting my pads for a ride, borrowed some & they were mega. Came home, ordered a pair straight away.