When you are a man, sometimes you wear stretchy pants...

Nov. 25, 2022, 4:09 a.m.

I now have one DP3, 2 DP4s and Invader 4 short due to their sales...

Dec. 2, 2022, 6:37 p.m.

I'd say tru to size in waist.

Jan. 18, 2023, 1:20 p.m.

Hmm...I am thinking about getting Pants for mtb.  But will I look back and laugh a decade later?  Is this Cooperalls all over again?

:)

Jan. 18, 2023, 5:54 p.m.

Posted by: BC_Nuggets

Hmm...I am thinking about getting Pants for mtb.  

How badly can you regret the fashion choice of a pair of black pants?  Looking back on my pre-pants riding outfits shorts and pads looked goofier than pants.

Jan. 19, 2023, 10:21 a.m.

I got myself and my GF some Endura MT500 spray's from the last hunt and am loving them so far! I bought them becuase I have long legs and find that most MTB pants just are not long enough, but these are great! My GF on the other hand is very short and while they are too long for her, the ankles are snug so she still loves em and does not find them too big for her.

Jan. 24, 2023, 9:42 a.m.

Posted by: tashi

Bolted on over to their site after I read your post, basically no normal sizes available anymore.

Some XL and XXL’s at nice prices though.

Edit: 7mesh Glidepath pants are on sale at the Mountain Equipment Company in all sizes, took a gamble on some of those.

After finally getting a chance to ride in em, these pants are NICE!

Stretchy, keeps the dirt out, don’t sag. I rode em in a torrential downpour, well outside their design intent, and stayed quite dry. Price was very competitive. Pocket design is really nice, somehow my massive clear glasses fit in the pocket nicely and don’t get in the way at all while riding. I find the contents of my pockets suuuuper irritating with Every other mountain bike garment I’ve ever owned. Thumbs up.

Jan. 24, 2023, 10:39 a.m.

The Rapha trail mountain bike pants are really good for three season riding, and I am thinking of getting the lightweight version for summer. Details are well thought out and buckle hardware is high quality. I know people roll their eyes at Rapha but price is in line with or cheaper than many of the other options already brought up in this thread. Also on sale for $90 if you can deal with the red (I have them in black, it is not for me): https://www.rapha.cc/us/en_US/shop/mens-trail-pants/product/TPA01XXPMM

Jan. 24, 2023, 11:23 p.m.

Posted by: WeTYC...

So my "too good to be true" pants turned out to be a scam.  PayPal refunded though so I didn't lose on the gamble.

A little bummed though as they were an intriguing option.  10000/10000 waterproofness/breathability, "4-way" stretch soft-shell.  Schoeffel Tree Run Hybrid from Germany (scam site was allegedly a US-based dealer)

I'm living in Germany at the moment and I just picked up a pair of these, first ride this morning. They are a little shorter inseam than I'd like for my waist size, but they're otherwise comfy. No word on the waterproofness yet, but they were warm enough for a 28°F commute. The thighs have some vents, should be good for higher temps, and the knees have a weird overlapping vent as well. Like a pocket but upside down.

Jan. 27, 2023, 10:02 p.m.

Posted by: TristanC

I'm living in Germany at the moment and I just picked up a pair of these, first ride this morning. They are a little shorter inseam than I'd like for my waist size, but they're otherwise comfy. No word on the waterproofness yet, but they were warm enough for a 28°F commute. The thighs have some vents, should be good for higher temps, and the knees have a weird overlapping vent as well. Like a pocket but upside down.

Looking forward to more updates so I can live vicariously through you!

My own updates:

I've had one ride on each of the Foehn Brise and IXS Carve AW but neither was in wet enough conditions to draw any final conclusions on waterproofness. 

The IXS have a feel more like a stretchy hard shell than soft shell with an intermediate level of crinkle.  They are pretty comfy--if they are as waterproof as they initially appear to be it's a tragedy they're so damn short.

The Brise are lighter-weight Schoeller and I'm not as confident in their water-resistance as I am with my heavier Schoeller jackets.

Feb. 2, 2023, 2:29 p.m.

Posted by: Vikb

Hmm...I am thinking about getting Pants for mtb.  

How badly can you regret the fashion choice of a pair of black pants?  Looking back on my pre-pants riding outfits shorts and pads looked goofier than pants.

A very good point sir!  My cooperalls were black though but I digress.

Time for some trouser shipping.

Feb. 3, 2023, 10:49 p.m.

Got some Chromag Feint pants.  Let the adventure begin.

Feb. 4, 2023, 3:33 p.m.

Daddy likes. 2 thumbs up.  I can see wearing these Chromags 3 seasons in pnw.  Hell even in a cold summer day. Maybe wear merino boxers on the worst winter days.

Feb. 4, 2023, 4:04 p.m.

I'm glad it worked out for you. Welcome to Team Pants! ;-)

Feb. 4, 2023, 5:19 p.m.

Daddy likes. 2 thumbs up.  I can see wearing these Chromags 3 seasons in pnw.  Hell even in a cold summer day. Maybe wear merino boxers on the worst winter days.

If I hadn't picked up a pair of NFs I'd be all over the feints, Chromag's soft goods are very very good. I'm looking forwards to their elbone pads

April 3, 2023, 11:33 p.m.

Posted by: WeTYC...

Posted by: TristanC

Looking forward to more updates so I can live vicariously through you!

Well, I can definitively say the Schoeffel Tree Run Hybrid pants are not waterproof. 25 minute ride in medium intensity rain (not drizzling, but not torrential) and they were soaked through.

They're good for chillier commutes and I think they would work well for snow, but definitely not rain pants. I'm otherwise pleased with them.