when things go right:)

July 23, 2016, 12:25 p.m.

Im running wtb frequency rims tubeless for a few years great rims.
Today I was switching out my rear 3c dhr2 for dual compound dhr2 for the dryer season.. Anyhow Picked up my tire at MEC at 1150 today got home at 1200 got it seated perfectly with a nice snap on the first try with my compressor set at 55psi by1210. New record for me :) Btw im running gorilla tape and stans.
I had already removed my 3c tire and wiped the rim down of stans so was ready to go.

So awesome when sometimes when things just go right the first time.

Also just got my sunrace 11-36 cassette(the aluminum spider version) and my warranty replacement cinch cranks on . I had reg turbines but the interface got loose. They upgraded me to cinch versions for a few bucks:) now running 11-36 rear 21/34 (oval 2x) setup.
The sunrace shifting seems no different than my sram pg980 cassette 11/34 I was running , nice and smooth.
time to go for a ride…..

July 23, 2016, 2:56 p.m.

hit it bro!

July 23, 2016, 5:08 p.m.

Had a great ride today up here today but the latch on the rear of my super2R helmet broke while putting on the chin guard… I guess it was karma being rebalanced…
At least LV bikes will warranty it no problem:)

July 23, 2016, 6:09 p.m.

i've got the same helmet, hoping it's more robust. i do wear the chin guard fairly often too. with the addition of the enduro bike and the faster riding (and younger hard charging mates) i felt it necessary. lots of my crew getting hurt in the last yr including face injuries.

did a rear shock service and didn't realize just how far it deterioriated. last couple of rides were outstanding with the bike performing better than i recall. dialed bike, perfect trail conditions = massive riding stokeage.

July 23, 2016, 6:25 p.m.

i've got the same helmet, hoping it's more robust. i do wear the chin guard fairly often too. with the addition of the enduro bike and the faster riding (and younger hard charging mates) i felt it necessary. lots of my crew getting hurt in the last yr including face injuries.
Last year I got 8 stitches on my upper lip , almost lost my front teeth . My wife sent me up to LVB the next day to get a super2R. I can attest to the chinguard working well as I have thoroughly crash tested it, actually I'm now on my 2nd one…

did a rear shock service and didn't realize just how far it deterioriated. last couple of rides were outstanding with the bike performing better than i recall. dialed bike, perfect trail conditions = massive riding stokeage.

I got to do that soon too but monday I'm to powell river to ride and visit friends for a week:) Loads of Amazing singletrack there.
the switch today from a rear 3c to dual compound was night and day faster rolling wow…
summer stoke:)

July 24, 2016, 11:30 p.m.

You have to ride Civil Disobedience in Powell River. Well worth the slog up.

July 25, 2016, 1:55 p.m.

between the 2 of yous guys, do tell the best of PR please. i have yet to ride there and will be returning to the Comox Valley and i was remiss on not getting there in the last 6 years. time to finally explore the Sunshine Coast. what would make for a good couple of days of riding in the PR area?

July 25, 2016, 2:29 p.m.

Unsure if active logging/hauling is still happening at the exit of CD. Was when I rode it.

Quick evening loops can be had in The Penticton St Maze or at The Rec Centre (Complex) Trails. Mt bike skills park there and trails that funnel dow to Willingdon Beach.

Longer stuff, Take Duck Lake Branch 1 to the Mud/Suicide Parking area.
Ride-
Suicide Creek Trail (whichever direction your please), Up Farside, Up Aloha, Across Green Rd, Down Death Rattle, right along the logging rd, into W8 on the left hand side, Cable Trail (whichever way, it can take you back to Duck Lake Branch 1 just above where you parked a vehicle)
other way continue on to Toad Hollow, left at Mud Lake Loop, Weir Trail, Bob's Your Uncle, Bob's Your Brother, up Cream Soda, up 51 Dodge, left on Myrtle Springs Trail, down the logging rd 50m, right on Blue/Washout, left into Game Over, right into Game On, down Blue Connector, into Nefarious Neb back onto Duck Lake Branch 1. Pedal back to the vehicle / stop for a swim in Duck Lake

Hope this helps
No idea how long this loop I suggested is

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

July 25, 2016, 3 p.m.

Not to hijack but can anyone give me 1 or 2 XC loops that are fun but noob friendly? Planning a trip with the wife. Thinking 1-2 hour loops, lush single track, no steep descends and not overly rough so she can maintain momentum. Guessing any green circle stuff on Trailforks will foot the bill?

cheers

July 25, 2016, 3:13 p.m.

See here Or some of the trails behind Suncoast Cycles/Black Point area south of town

Green stuff in PR is more often than not old rail bed.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.