What's your dream boutique frame?

Nov. 21, 2006, 4:51 p.m.

well i'm glad i've got my Peyto. the lahar is pretty high up on the list.

but to be perfectly honest i'm not suer i could buy another stock bike anymore. i've had my hands dirty in building a couple frames now and my main rig was custom built in Reynolds 853.

They've got the guns but we've got the numbers! Gonna win ya we're takin over.

Nov. 21, 2006, 5:01 p.m.

Hey Connor:

V-tach's are still 100% made in Vancouver: this is going to change in the future a bit, but not too drastically as we have all of our tooling for this frame in house. The Delirium T is half made in house (in South Vancouver) and half made in Oregon. Same with the new Endorphin frame that we're bringing out next spring. Of course, all assembly and design is done in South Vancouver. That being said, our bearings are German and our Fasteners European and Japanese, and rear shocks Italian and American :)

This is actually a better solution for us: we're now in a position where we can start working with the absolute top companies in every category: custom North American tubesets, custom aluminum extrusions, anodized frames, higher levels of production without compromising quality, and more consistent (and on time) production runs.

Cheers!

Noel Buckley

just dont sell out..

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Nov. 21, 2006, 5:52 p.m.

74.5 or 75-degree head angle.
Reynolds 853 or 953 tubing.
brake bosses, not disc mounts.
Straight-blade rigid fork with brake bosses. Again, no disc mounts.
All brake bosses custom-mach…..

get in touch if you wanna try that. I don't think it's going to turn into a full time job at all but i'm going to try building more frames.

They've got the guns but we've got the numbers! Gonna win ya we're takin over.

Nov. 21, 2006, 7:09 p.m.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

Nov. 21, 2006, 7:15 p.m.

i'd be on a turner dhr.

oh wait, i alredy am.

so i guess i win.

ya but you drive a mini van

:ireland: Pickem-up Truck

Nov. 22, 2006, 3:27 a.m.

Thats not fair you guys have posted all my dream bikes.

question is Knolly originally from canada or us

Nov. 22, 2006, 6:26 a.m.

Thats not fair you guys have posted all my dream bikes.

question is Knolly originally from canada or us

Canada. 100% for sure.

Click Me

Nov. 22, 2006, 11:12 a.m.

wow look at that - 0.00004 inches of buttery suspension to 'smooth out the ride'

Nov. 22, 2006, 11:23 a.m.

- able to turn heads in a whistler line-up and maintain an envious/curious stare for at least several minutes
- silly expensive and beyond the means of most regular joes.
- small production too, so you have to wait 6 months to get your frame, riding your shittier back-up hardtail while all your buddies are enjoying an amazing season on their non-boutique rides
- comprised of unique components that are both expensive and leave you totally fuct if it breaks during your interior road trip.

:greedy: indeed ….the true definition !

I thought of 2 more definitions of 'boutique', no less important that the others:

- the shop/dealer where you bought it said that you're the only person in BC to have one of these and its a special-special order, a personal favour from the guy that designs/welds/paints them.
- only 3-5 other guys are riding your frame in a weekend whistler chairlift lineup. If only 1-2 other riders have your bike, then you know its REALLY boutique, probably made in a one-off wacky NASA/Porsche collaboration.

Nov. 22, 2006, 8:49 p.m.

just dont sell out..

Ah - no.

We're growing and are now able to improve the product even further by specifying the design of our own custom tube sets, increasing the number of custom aluminum extrusions and such. There are very few places capable of doing this kind of work and only one or two in North America that will do it in the volumes that we require (i.e. not 50,000 pounds of aluminum).

Hence, the switch to having some of the manufacturing done in the USA. My office is above a CNC shop and we still do (and will continue to do) the majority of the machining right below my butt :)

Cheers!

Noel

www.knollybikes.com
ph: (604) 324-6635
fx: (604) 324-6482

Nov. 22, 2006, 8:53 p.m.

Knolly owns… and very very nice guy to talk to in person :) very into the workings of every thing he puts on his bikes to sell

Shoots with Nikon D2H
c

Nov. 23, 2006, 6:49 a.m.

Knolly owns… and very very nice guy to talk to in person :) very into the workings of every thing he puts on his bikes to sell

Absolutely agree.

Click Me

Nov. 23, 2006, 12:55 p.m.

Absolutely agree.

Knolly Free Radical. I'd like to see what one looks like with a 180mm Totem.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."

Nov. 23, 2006, 12:58 p.m.

Noel!!!

Your website is broken… try browsing any model of bike. ASP "Service Unavailable" error messages.

Nov. 25, 2006, 10:07 a.m.

Full suspension: any bike that uses DW*Link suspension system
HT: Chromag - hope to get my dirt paws on one in Jan
Road: Pinarello

PinkBike::e.thirteen