What do I need for Fox lower leg service?

March 23, 2020, 8:01 p.m.

New to Fox forks. 34 is getting sticky. 26mm socket for top? Ugh, hate learning and thinking.

https://nsmba.ca/product-category/memberships/

March 23, 2020, 8:16 p.m.

Nope. Lowers are the easiest thing.

It’s all about the bottom nuts.  Surely there’s a better YouTube video out there a billion times better than I could ever hope to convey?

March 23, 2020, 11:29 p.m.

Yeah, but the laz. Habitually pulled my Lyrik/Pike apart every couple months so have RS down pat.

Fox seems like it may be a bit more of a faff. Sockets and rings and other unfamiliar alien technology.

There's always those 1 or 2 odd things to keep an eye on during procedure, wondering about those.

Top cap is just to check number of tokens/ clean stanchion tube grease. 26mm and 27mm are given as the socket size. There can only be one!

Last edited by: Hepcat on March 23, 2020, 11:35 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 23, 2020, 11:43 p.m.

It really is easy as piss... 'cept for the crush nut.

I've re-used it a bunch of times, but I suspect I'm lucky.

March 24, 2020, 8:10 a.m.

I remember in the olden days when a Totem (and perhaps other models of fork) had a little set screw in a drain hole for oil changes. That seemed like a wise thing to put in something like a fork, where keeping fresh oil lubricating the lower legs makes everything last longer.

March 24, 2020, 3:23 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Crush nut is officially reusable in Rock Shock as far as I know. Unofficially reusable in Fox perhaps?

I'm using this time off to go through the fiddly maintenance on all the bikes. 

If nothing else it will spare the house from my version of carpentry. Yesterday's project rendered two gates unusable.

March 24, 2020, 3:47 p.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

Posted by: ReductiMat

Crush nut is officially reusable in Rock Shock as far as I know. Unofficially reusable in Fox perhaps?

I'm using this time off to go through the fiddly maintenance on all the bikes. 

If nothing else it will spare the house from my version of carpentry. Yesterday's project rendered two gates unusable.

LOL, I know that feel.

I can measure something five fucking times and fuck up the cut nearly all the time.