What appreciates faster than real estate in Vancouver?

Sept. 1, 2015, 7:05 p.m.

^No issue with Horst-Link. Only issue is the 26" wheels and that Canada isn't a shipping option from the dropdown option.
Radon Swoop 210 9.0 is 2436 Euro to Canada. Fox Kash fr/rr, X.0 7spd, Spank wheels, MT7s, RaceFace Atlas cockpit

Get effed!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 1, 2015, 7:44 p.m.

^No issue with Horst-Link. Only issue is the 26" wheels and that Canada isn't a shipping option from the dropdown option.
Radon Swoop 210 9.0 is 2436 Euro to Canada. Fox Kash fr/rr, X.0 7spd, Spank wheels, MT7s, RaceFace Atlas cockpit

Get effed!

That Radon has a very competent build. Great looking park bike.

Sept. 5, 2015, 7:52 a.m.

FFS. Why can't they just ship from Europe? In any case North American (US) distribution won't give us good pricing in Canada unless the dollar improves dramatically.

What does NA warranty support turnaround time look like if the only ship from Europe?

NSMBA member.

Sept. 5, 2015, 9:03 a.m.

What does NA warranty support turnaround time look like if the only ship from Europe?

That's one of the trade-offs.

Sept. 13, 2015, 4:43 p.m.

http://www.specialized.com/ca/en/bikes/mountain/demo/sworks-demo-8-frame

Demo 8 frame, only $6500!

Sept. 13, 2015, 4:54 p.m.

Very interesting. That URL is saying CAD $5,699. One of the more popular shops here quoted me $6,800 a few months ago.

If this proceeds linearly it might actually be cost competitive in nine months.

Sept. 13, 2015, 4:55 p.m.

Very interesting. That URL is saying CAD $5,699. One of the more popular shops here quoted me $6,800 a few months ago.

If this proceeds linearly it might actually be cost competitive in nine months.

I included the 13% tax with that number. Who quoted you $6800?

Sept. 13, 2015, 5:58 p.m.

I included the 13% tax with that number. Who quoted you $6800?

A member of the Inside Line.

I didn't investigate, but they may have had some value add features like "pre-washed" and "extra hugs" but I didn't investigate.

Sept. 13, 2015, 8:27 p.m.

Frame only??? Holy crap!!! Who the hell will buy that? What's the price for a complete bike 15000$$$. Insane…

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Sept. 13, 2015, 8:49 p.m.

^Only $8999 CDN now! :lol: I believe it was closer to 12 this season though.

Gotta make way for the '16 BNG models now! :lol:

Sept. 13, 2015, 8:55 p.m.

Frame only??? Holy crap!!! Who the hell will buy that? What's the price for a complete bike 15000$$$. Insane…

Its bullshit… plain and simple. But if we keep paying those prices they'll keep making them. I for one am not buying anymore overpriced frames… back to my 76 CCM swinger with banana seat and sissy bar it is.

Sept. 13, 2015, 9:25 p.m.

Last new bike I got was in 2009. Now I buy only used, so much good stuff for way less. And besides bike change faster than computers now anyway. By the time your new bike is home it's obsolete. Crazy.

Sept. 13, 2015, 9:47 p.m.

Last new bike I got was in 2009. Now I buy only used, so much good stuff for way less. And besides bike change faster than computers now anyway. By the time your new bike is home it's obsolete. Crazy.

Haha. My Chromag build was like that: Archs, X.0 10spd non-clutch mech and X.0 brakes all obsolete by the time the bike was on the trail. :lol:

Sept. 14, 2015, 9:21 a.m.

The Canyon Downhill bike is not their highest spec 2016 model, they'll release the higher build kits somewhen between now and October.

Those Radons are even crazier, regarding specs, but while their geometries and suspension are very dialed, the frames are designed with some cost saving in mind. Really good quality, but if you look at them, they are rather functional than fancy. Ride great though.

The newer Canyon frames however, especially the carbon ones, are absolutely gorgeous. They are absolutely on par with Santa Cruz and Specialized high end models. Paintjob quality is very, very high. Bearings and hardware are well made.

So the company has really grown into a major innovator which now sells a lot of bikes because of quality and not ONLY because of good value. They sell a boatload of bikes in Europe and have the funds for R[HTML_REMOVED]D at the highest level. I know some of the designers and engineers and they are real bike-people.

I wouldn't have ridden/owned a Canyon past, because I grew up working at a bike shop and always drooled about all the boutique US brands, so a mail order Canyon "cheapskate" bike was always a no-go.

But with all the standard and wheel size crap, which forces people to buy complete bikes instead of swapping parts over, the ever growing prices (and some first hand warranty experiences with super expensive "real" brand bike products) - I absolutely could imagine riding a Canyon and not be ashamed.

And while I still think a lot of people are absolutely in over their heads with setting up/dialing in a state of the art bike, the biggest argument against mail order bikes has been killed by the big LBS brands:

Try buying a nice spec specialized, giant or every other good brand without preordering and waiting for a long time. You'll have a pretty hard time, even just walking into a. store and buy a specific tire.
And that's not the LBSs who are to blame.
The big brands are to blame with their uncountable model variations, model years, "innovations" and color choices.
No shop can stock all that crap and still make profit.

I don't say I like this development, but if you look at other industries, the bike-biz seems pretty unprofessional in some ways and margins for the dealers are tiny!

Sept. 14, 2015, 10:34 a.m.

Funny you say that. Just this weekend was trying to buy chainring bolts (specific size) and had to go to 3 shops to get them. I feel for the shops, but it's getting easier and faster just to buy online.