What Alu Tubless rims have you've been happy most with

July 10, 2019, 12:59 a.m.

I've been using a set of i9 enduro wheels for the last 4 years : very satisfied with those.

Regularly 20% off at Jensonusa.

July 10, 2019, 4:09 a.m.

if on 30-40% sale, I9s are the ones to go.. their Enduro-S line is fantastic...although if you get into the details of stiffness and alloy/carbon frame combination, I rather get more compliant wheels (enduro S ones have std spokes vs alloy ones in their higher end ones)

July 10, 2019, 9:39 a.m.

Posted by: trumpstinyhands

From a wheel building perspective I've been impressed with Chromag rims. While I'm sure they are not made in a special factory, when applying equal spoke tension during the tensioning phase they are actually round which is a sad rarity. I also agree on Bontrager Line 30 wheels with the POE upgrade being good cheap options. J bend spokes, brass nipples, pretty sturdy rims.

And the rims in that wheelset are the same as the rims in the Line Elite, making them a great value wheelset. Especially as they come with a tubeless strip and valve stem. I really think that tubeless strip is what is allowing me to keep shredding on my Line Elites with very awful dents from running too low tire pressure.

The rim by itself is a $120ish rim, so being all set to go for $250 (i think) just need to install tire is a bargain.

July 10, 2019, 4:10 p.m.

Posted by: nouseforaname

Posted by: trumpstinyhands

From a wheel building perspective I've been impressed with Chromag rims. While I'm sure they are not made in a special factory, when applying equal spoke tension during the tensioning phase they are actually round which is a sad rarity. I also agree on Bontrager Line 30 wheels with the POE upgrade being good cheap options. J bend spokes, brass nipples, pretty sturdy rims.

And the rims in that wheelset are the same as the rims in the Line Elite, making them a great value wheelset. Especially as they come with a tubeless strip and valve stem. I really think that tubeless strip is what is allowing me to keep shredding on my Line Elites with very awful dents from running too low tire pressure.

The rim by itself is a $120ish rim, so being all set to go for $250 (i think) just need to install tire is a bargain.

That's cool, I didn't know the rims are the same, so that weight diff is just in the hubs eh? I agree the rim strip seems to help them as well.