Wet weather goggles: Is closed cell foam option worthwhile?

Nov. 23, 2009, 4:23 p.m.

I've noticed oakley offer a goggle with closed cell foam for use in sand and water. Is it any good? Would it work for sweaty bikers? Anyone tried them?

Sustainable will be around forever.

Nov. 23, 2009, 5:59 p.m.

what are you trying to do… …keep sand or water out… …or see if it is comforable with the sweat and stuff?

Nov. 24, 2009, 9:29 a.m.

what are you trying to do… …keep sand or water out… …or see if it is comforable with the sweat and stuff?

I like the idea of goggles that can be rinsed out and dryed off without waiting a day or more for the foam to dry out. I'm going to order some with dual lenses to combat the fogging but noticed the closed cell foam thing and thought it might make the ultimate wet riding goggle!

Sustainable will be around forever.

Nov. 24, 2009, 1:28 p.m.

Dual lenses are good for this time of year but I have no idea about the closed cell foam. If air can't pass through the goggles (such as they don't breath) then you'll definitely fog up. Keep in mind that your face will sweat so you need ventilation. I've seen some goggles that have a tiny fan built into them to prevent fogging.

GO HUCK YOUR SELF!

Nov. 24, 2009, 1:42 p.m.

Okay I was just on the Oakley site reading about the closed cell foam and it should still breath. This would be good for the middle of the summer when it's extremely dusty, seeing as how fine dust particles can make their way through the regular kind of foam.

GO HUCK YOUR SELF!