We Are One

Nov. 23, 2017, 5:29 p.m.

Posted by: tungsten

Are these.........

..........carbon?

Lol big nope on that one

Nov. 23, 2017, 8 p.m.

Not unless they have figured out how to anodize carbon....

Nov. 24, 2017, 8 a.m.

We have our own laser engraver, so...... we can put whatever you want on those (and we have).

Nov. 24, 2017, 3:19 p.m.

$1,200 for made in Canada carbon rims with Hope Pro 4 hubs is pretty tempting... will resist this year but maybe next fall.

Nov. 29, 2017, 1:07 p.m.

So far so good with my WA1 rims. I bought rims only and built onto my own DT 350 hubs because I won't use hubs with pawls and I wanted to see how good the quality was right out of the mould. I've built up numerous carbon rims from a variety of manufacturers and these were by far the easiest to build. Both rims were dead true and round so the build was almost too easy. 

They have a nice on-trail feel. They're noticeably better feeling than my old Enves which would ping me around rough trails much more. The smoother feel aids in tracking and adds a touch more confidence to my riding. 

Other notes:

• 2.3-2.5 tires look great on the rims. There's something about the overall shape of the rim and the transition to the tire that just looks right.

• The finish is beautiful. The raw carbon outer layer really pops through the clear coat and the valve stems add a solid industrial touch.

• Maxxis tires play nicely with the rims but my Schwalbes did not (29x2.35 Magic Mary and 29x2.25 Nobby Nic) . The Schwalbes went on and aired up nicely but they lock into the tire bead channel so hard that I almost broke my thumbs trying to remove them (had to use a plastic tire lever to pry them off).