Waterproof Shorts?

Dec. 13, 2015, 11:14 a.m.

Pointless. Get a winter bike if yours can't run full fenders.

Dec. 13, 2015, 9:14 p.m.

Anyone have a suggestion for a road waterproof short/knicker?

The PI Pro Thermal Knickers get wet butt pretty quick.
No real way to mount fenders besides going with some SKS RaceBlades that likely won't fit either.

fit just about every road bike i've tried them on.

Feb. 20, 2016, 10:07 a.m.

These Pearl Izumi MTB WB shorts are way cheaper than the Gore equivalent

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 2, 2016, 9:04 a.m.

Anyone got any sweet new pairs of waterproof shorts since this thread was last around?

Dec. 2, 2016, 9:21 a.m.

Anyone got any sweet new pairs of waterproof shorts since this thread was last around?

I'm pretty happy with the Race Face Agent Shorts…of course be sure to use water proofing detergent when it comes time to actually throw them in the washing machine.
I just hose them down, hang to dry and re-use 3 or 4 times before the washing machine treatment.

Dec. 2, 2016, 9:26 a.m.

i'm curious how the latest batch of agents are holding up. the seam tape on mine came off pretty quickly, and became very non waterproof.

Dec. 2, 2016, 10:04 a.m.

were do you get the waterproofing agent ?

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 2, 2016, 11:37 a.m.

were do you get the waterproofing agent ?

MEC, I use the wash in product, they also sell sprays

Dec. 2, 2016, 11:44 a.m.

nikwax

Dec. 2, 2016, noon

I have an amazing pair that another NSMB board member made when he worked at Arcteryx. He cut down a pair of Sabre snowboard pants into over-the-knee length shorts. They are amazing. It has to be around 0' and really wet for me to wear them but they are amazing.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Dec. 2, 2016, 1:02 p.m.

The boy and I each got a pair of RF Agent shorts at the beginning of last year. They were nice enough but they seemed to loose their waterproof ability quickly. Had a few issues with some of the stiching as well. Took them back to the coop and bought us each a pair of Endura MT500's. Much better construction and still dry after 1 year of riding. Very comfortable for wet weather riding. I don't wear mine in the summer at all so the breathability is not an issue.

Dec. 2, 2016, 1:22 p.m.

The boy and I each got a pair of RF Agent shorts at the beginning of last year. They were nice enough but they seemed to loose their waterproof ability quickly. Had a few issues with some of the stiching as well. Took them back to the coop and bought us each a pair of Endura MT500's. Much better construction and still dry after 1 year of riding. Very comfortable for wet weather riding. I don't wear mine in the summer at all so the breathability is not an issue.

Endura MT500 short is fantastic. I also have the "Superlite" which is fully waterproof (not just the ass) and they have been good with the crotch opening up. Just put some gorilla tape there and they've been good.

With endura shorts, order a few sizes bigger than you usually wear.

BCpov on YouTube

www.instagram.com/BCPov

www.facebook.com/BCpov

Dec. 2, 2016, 3:27 p.m.

Endura MT500 short is fantastic. I also have the "Superlite" which is fully waterproof (not just the ass)

I have the MT 500 as well… (the ones where only the butt is waterproof). I really like them in general for winter riding but if its legit raining out you are definitely going to get wet. Would be curious to try out a pair of 100% waterproof shorts like those ones from 7mesh.

Dec. 2, 2016, 4:10 p.m.

MEC, I use the wash in product, they also sell sprays

Thanks Brad

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 2, 2016, 6:09 p.m.

I have a few rides in on the Norrøna Fjørå dri3 shorts. Fully taped seams, aquaguard-ish zippers, fit very similar to the Fjørå flex1 shorts. Doesn't seem to have the stretch built into them. Lacks the more durable material in high wear areas. Same mesh lined vents.

All in all, 10/10. Would bang.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.