Waterproof Shorts?

Sept. 23, 2015, 7:59 a.m.

http://kokatat.com/gore-texr-meridian-dry-suit-with-relief-zipper-men.html

totally water proof^^

Sept. 23, 2015, 8:58 a.m.

i hope they fit better then the Stage shorts do , the Velcro adjust waist is a waste of time , give me belts loops and a button snap . hell go back to the old ROACH design!!!

and when is someone going to come out with a waterproof jersey!!!

I will let you all know what I think of them once I have them….
Demon Mike, these do have belt loops, which I agree is a must with any short.

Sept. 23, 2015, 9:34 a.m.

The Race Face shorts are new, so no one can really comment on them yet.

The Ambush shorts , my pervious winter go too's did tend to "wear out" in that the DWR coating would diminish over time.

However these new shorts are made with same material as the Chute Jacket which should make them awesome. I have 2 years with my Chute jacket and its water proof as can be and breathes well too.

The Chute is good eh? I remember trying it on and thinking it didn't feel like it would be very breathable but what can you tell from trying it on in the store unless I decided to run some laps. :idea:

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 23, 2015, 9:36 a.m.

http://kokatat.com/gore-texr-meridian-dry-suit-with-relief-zipper-men.html

totally water proof^^

That would look normal with a fatbike. ;)

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 23, 2015, 10:52 a.m.

that suit has built in booties/latex neck [HTML_REMOVED] wrist seals so you really are waterprooof but other than to be totally encased how are you really gona be waterproof?

because water is gona sneak in anywhere it can and those sealskin socks are water proof btw cuz I have tucked them into the latex ankle seals on a drysuit and my feet stayed dry for a paddle sesh but the water is gona go over the sock top unless you give your leg a wrap with ductape or sft

Sept. 23, 2015, 12:31 p.m.

The Chute is good eh? I remember trying it on and thinking it didn't feel like it would be very breathable but what can you tell from trying it on in the store unless I decided to run some laps. :idea:

Best Breathable jacket for its price range, and you get pit zips which help.
$500-600 jackets would have better breathability, but $600 bucks….no thanks

I actually prefer it over my "high End" Gore Goretex jacket thanks to the hoodie and pit zips, and its about $ 200 cheaper

Sept. 23, 2015, 1:44 p.m.

Best Breathable jacket for its price range, and you get pit zips which help.
$500-600 jackets would have better breathability, but $600 bucks….no thanks

I actually prefer it over my "high End" Gore Goretex jacket thanks to the hoodie and pit zips, and its about $ 200 cheaper

Yeah, pit zips are gold on my mec jobby. Doesn't have a hood. Might go with the Chute next. I'll tell em Bradical sent me.

Wrong. Always.

Sept. 23, 2015, 4:08 p.m.

Interesting, I had a chute jacket, and it was hands down the worst riding coat I've ever used.

First one the seams weren't taped properly so it leaked, the second one had the breathability of a garbage bag. I was as wet inside from sweat as the outside from the rain.

It was terrible, even a cheap non bike specific North Face jacket was better.

I have a Scott coat now, it's many times better than the Raceface Chute.

That said, I like the shorts. They fit me great [HTML_REMOVED] they look better than the Fox ones.

Blur 4X - Sunday Factory.

Sept. 23, 2015, 6:52 p.m.

i have a high neck Bontrager waterproof jacket , only one pocket , that is high on the chest , and has pit zippers . it,s not a bad jacket was around $300 . i bought it over size to wear over my camelback and padding for park days .

hitting MEC tomorrow when i pick my fork at Marz i will see if the shorts are there

#northsidetrailbuilders

Sept. 23, 2015, 7:16 p.m.

I love all my race face stuff except for the chute jacket. Maybe I am wearing it inside out as moisture can't get out but it sure comes in.

It is one of the early ones - heard they got better since then but not looking to gamble another 200.

Sept. 24, 2015, 6:22 p.m.

7mesh has a new Recon short coming out. How would Windstopper fair in the BC wet?

Recon Short

Sept. 24, 2015, 7:45 p.m.

which BC wet?

IME windstopper breathes really well and is water RESISTANT so it works great during winter in the interior of BC at temps below zero like -5 and colder so with a little experiance one can stay dry by moderating layers but at or above zero C I still get wet and I would not expect windstopper to be remotley water proof

Sept. 24, 2015, 8:32 p.m.

An update to my Sealskinz adventure: the thick ones are really really thick - and by thick I mean they are thicker than my thickest expedition weight hiking socks. Also, I think they should fit your leg snugly and my chicken calves and ankles just don't fill out the XLs. But the quality of the sock is pretty awesome. I've requested a medium thick in a smaller size which I think will be a perfect compromise.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Nov. 3, 2015, 11:14 a.m.

Waterproof/breathable FULL PANTS? Tapered to prevent chaintear, Enough room in the knees to cover sleek knee pads (RF Indy), Breathable, Durable. Impossible? Or just mind-numbingly expensive?

Wrong. Always.

Nov. 3, 2015, 12:22 p.m.

Sugoi RS EVENT pants. Though a quick Google seems to show they have been discontinued, there might still be some around.

As breathable as full waterproof pants get, some reinforcement where needed and they fit skinny pads under. When it's really miserable out, being able to hose yourself down and walk into the house clean and dry is definitely a win. I pair them up with Shimano winter shoes and your feet stay dry too.

Anything much over 2-3 C and they are too warm, but I think that'll be the same for any full pant.