"Waterproof" shorts

Sept. 18, 2018, 5:45 p.m.

Posted by: rnayel

Posted by: FlipFantasia

I just ordered a pair of Agent pants the other day, hoping they're as good as they sound!

Curious to know if they fit pads underneath?  I have an old set of sombrio waterproof pants and they are too narrow for my RF knee/shin pads.

I have a pair , and they fit my 7iDP pads .

https://7protection.com/row/product/transition-wrap-knee/

I have not ridden with them yet. First thing I did when I got home was put the pads on and do some squats and such. They felt unrestricted and comfortable in movement . Love the belt loops and the adjustable ankles straps.

Sept. 18, 2018, 7:27 p.m.

I wear agents with Race Face Flanks or Dakine Slayers and they fit fine for me. Just need to adjust the drawstring gaiters to match. They are a really comfy short, so far the waterproofing is sound after 3 winters.

Sept. 18, 2018, 11:13 p.m.

Posted by: DanL

I wear agents with Race Face Flanks or Dakine Slayers and they fit fine for me. Just need to adjust the drawstring gaiters to match. They are a really comfy short, so far the waterproofing is sound after 3 winters.

I was curious about the Pant, not the shorts but thanks for the insight on the shorts. Cheers

Sept. 19, 2018, 2:07 a.m.

anyone got a tip for waterproof shorts that end ABOVE the knee?

Sept. 19, 2018, 10:01 a.m.

Posted by: Sethimus

anyone got a tip for waterproof shorts that end ABOVE the knee?

Check out the Sugoi RPM-X shorts (https://www.westpointcycles.com/product/sugoi-rpm-x-waterproof-shorts-201660-1.htm). I picked up a pair a couple of years ago at Different and they were pretty great. Still have them, fairly robust and great for commuting when it's aboveout 10 degrees. Best thing is that they are one of the most cost effective options out there.

Last edited by: rnayel on Sept. 19, 2018, 10:03 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 19, 2018, 1:59 p.m.

looks like they are not available anymore

Sept. 21, 2018, 10:05 a.m.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/endura-introduces-updated-mt500-collection.html

Sept. 30, 2018, 8:28 p.m.

I bought some agent pants yesterday and got them out for a ride today (it was fairly wet). Size large pants fit over size large ixs flow kneepads nicely. The fit in general is really good for me.

I was worried they'd be stifling but they worked out fine breathability wise. Only thing is I wish they had a gaiter or some sort of clip or strap or stirrup to attach them to my shoes. I got a fair amount of water into my shoes/socks sneaking in from the bottom of the pant legs.

Still, not having my legs and knee pads caked in mud at the end of the ride was a bonus.

Last edited by: Kenny on Sept. 30, 2018, 8:29 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Oct. 1, 2018, 8:58 a.m.

I have the full waterproof MT500 2 shorts (not the spray shorts), and I have mixed feelings about them. They keep you dry, but the leg openings are too narrow (and maybe a touch short). They end up riding above my knee pads which allows water/dirt in causing chafing around the thigh. It pisses me off because the potential is there for me to love these shorts, but I often finish my ride disappointed. They would be fine over a minimal knee pad, but not over my IXS Carve Evo pads.

Oct. 1, 2018, 9:22 a.m.

Posted by: DangerousDave

I have the full waterproof MT500 2 shorts (not the spray shorts), and I have mixed feelings about them. They keep you dry, but the leg openings are too narrow (and maybe a touch short). They end up riding above my knee pads which allows water/dirt in causing chafing around the thigh. It pisses me off because the potential is there for me to love these shorts, but I often finish my ride disappointed. They would be fine over a minimal knee pad, but not over my IXS Carve Evo pads.

One reason why I prefer a longer length short in the wet . The old Roach shorts were too short and you would get sprayed up the shorts . We used to wear a Lycra base layer under the shorts to help stop chafing from the muck. I have the new RF pants to try , and judging by the weather I will be breaking them in this week. I will share my thoughts.

Oct. 1, 2018, 9:27 a.m.

Posted by: Kenny

I bought some agent pants yesterday and got them out for a ride today (it was fairly wet). Size large pants fit over size large ixs flow kneepads nicely. The fit in general is really good for me.

I was worried they'd be stifling but they worked out fine breathability wise. Only thing is I wish they had a gaiter or some sort of clip or strap or stirrup to attach them to my shoes. I got a fair amount of water into my shoes/socks sneaking in from the bottom of the pant legs.

Still, not having my legs and knee pads caked in mud at the end of the ride was a bonus.

What shoe do you wear ?? In the muck I love my AM7,s they have a cover over the laces that helps stop water and muck . As for a strap I think a gaiter would be the best. Or some type of flare or bell bottom to direct the water running down the pant leg over the shoe at the ankle area.

Oct. 1, 2018, 7:50 p.m.

Are they the 2018 model? The ones in this link- https://www.endurasport.com/product/mt500-waterproof-short-e8084/ 

Ive ordered a pair and I'm going to see whether the RF Agent or the Endura fit better.

Oct. 2, 2018, 8:58 a.m.

Nope. Mine are the older ones. No belt loops and only one pocket on the back over the tailbone. 

Posted by: Ouch

Are they the 2018 model? The ones in this link- https://www.endurasport.com/product/mt500-waterproof-short-e8084/ 

Ive ordered a pair and I'm going to see whether the RF Agent or the Endura fit better.

Oct. 2, 2018, 4:04 p.m.

Nope. Mine are the older ones. No belt loops and only one pocket on the back over the tailbone.

Well I picked up the new model, it has belt loops with 2 waterproof pockets in the front with waterproof zippers. The knee fits over my Troylee Raid knee pads. 

Compared to the Raceface Agents the Endura fit me way better and feel less restrictive. I paid a little extra for them, but went for the ones that fit the best. 

Will report back after I go for a ride in the rain......

Oct. 3, 2018, 8:16 a.m.

Posted by: DemonMike

What shoe do you wear ?? In the muck I love my AM7,s they have a cover over the laces that helps stop water and muck . As for a strap I think a gaiter would be the best. Or some type of flare or bell bottom to direct the water running down the pant leg over the shoe at the ankle area.

Probably a fair point on the shoes. I do have some GR9s which have a similar type of lace cover. On that particular ride I was wearing impact xvi's which get wet easy. They stick better than the GR9s but hey winter riding is more about comfort than all out performance so you're right, I should probably give them a try in the wet.