WAO Faction rims/wheels

June 25, 2019, 8:45 a.m.

tmack has their wheels since day 1

June 25, 2019, 11:43 a.m.

I am happy with may Agents. They've taken some impacts that make you cringe then you look at them and they are unharmed. I've not ridden other carbon wheels so can't comment on feel vs other options. No jarring or overly stiff feeling, but I am not paring them with a stiff carbon frame either as they have been ridden on either a steel hardtail or steel fs that has some natural flex.

June 25, 2019, 2:02 p.m.

Been on Agent 29s for a hot minute now. 

Built mine up custom w/ONYX CL hubs, brass Pro-Lock nips, Spain blades. 

Have a set of LB 29s on a hardtail and LBs on my DH bike. Can’t recall if I’ve ridden Enve before  maybe a few house brand rims too

I see no reason to buy other aftermarket carbon rims going forward:

Made in Canada

Cost competitive 

Good support

Rider owned company

Various price points on the wheels

Good warranty 

Palatable graphics 

Some pro is running their wheels.  Can’t recall if they’re a SS or DH racer though. 

Waiting for a WAO road/CX/gravel rim now. 🤞🏽

June 25, 2019, 2:29 p.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro

Been on Agent 29s for a hot minute now. 

Built mine up custom w/ONYX CL hubs, brass Pro-Lock nips, Spain blades. 

Have a set of LB 29s on a hardtail and LBs on my DH bike. Can’t recall if I’ve ridden Enve before  maybe a few house brand rims too

I see no reason to buy other aftermarket carbon rims going forward:

Made in Canada

Cost competitive 

Good support

Rider owned company

Various price points on the wheels

Good warranty 

Palatable graphics 

Some pro is running their wheels.  Can’t recall if they’re a SS or DH racer though. 

Waiting for a WAO road/CX/gravel rim now. 🤞🏽

The full Kona WC DH and Enduro team are racing on them. Brett Rheeder worked with them to design a slopestyle / dj rim.

June 25, 2019, 8:20 p.m.

^ Connor and Brett are pretty good at this bicycling situation.

June 26, 2019, 6:13 a.m.

We are a stocking dealer of WAO wheels... we have a few sets out on the trails being abused.   I have seen one damaged rim from a really bad case, which would have ended poorly on any rim.    Replaced quickly by WAO under their warranty.    These guys are solid and stand behind their product.

June 26, 2019, 11:20 p.m.

Any real world comparisons between the Agent and Union? Marketing speak seems to be going in the direction of vertical compliance on the newer stuff like Union, SC Reserve, Zipp etc. Never ridden a carbon wheel before but could definitely get my head around WeAreOne for the reasons listed above.

June 27, 2019, 2:21 p.m.

I did hear from one rider on them that he had been through several sets from cornering and rocks impacting the 'sidewall' of the rim. But I don't see how that would be different for any carbon rims except perhaps the Bouwmeester/Zipp ones.

July 3, 2019, 7:30 a.m.

Sooo had a bad crash on a 'loamer' in squamish, more like a rutted out root ditch. Hand slid off the grip in a compression and I went full scorpion. The crash was so bad that I bent my Durolux fork and smashed my Garmin to pieces. The bent fork is the impressive part because my wheel? Still true as can be, seriously impressed.

July 4, 2019, 4:18 a.m.

Posted by: T-mack

Sooo had a bad crash on a 'loamer' in squamish, more like a rutted out root ditch. Hand slid off the grip in a compression and I went full scorpion. The crash was so bad that I bent my Durolux fork and smashed my Garmin to pieces. The bent fork is the impressive part because my wheel? Still true as can be, seriously impressed.

Ouch, you’re ok though right?

July 4, 2019, 11:43 a.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

Posted by: T-mack

Ouch, you’re ok though right?

Yeah I'll be fine. Just got a nasty charlie horse and some ligament pain in my elbow akin to drunk arm wrestling but I'll be ok.