Wall Hangers

March 27, 2004, 8:25 a.m.

Yes I am in North Van
It can hold up to four bikes with extra attachments and can hold any type of frame.
It work great for me in my appartment holding my commuter and 4by.

March 27, 2004, 10:43 a.m.

Originally posted by 4byrider
Yes I am in North Van
It can hold up to four bikes with extra attachments and can hold any type of frame.
It work great for me in my appartment holding my commuter and 4by.

Did you order on-line, or is there a place in Vancouver that sells these products?

Thanks.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 27, 2004, 11:21 a.m.

i have found, and use a hook, that has two screw holes, and mounts to the wall, and hooks the front wheel on, so the bike is verticle on the wall. can also be put on celings, to hang the bike. it works well. i like it.

got it at some random contaner storeā€¦

Fear me. I have a Cabin in montana.
::Team Pancake Pride::

March 27, 2004, 11:57 a.m.

the only reason i wouldnt hang a modern bike by front wheel is that brake lever ends up lower than front wheel caliper and with open systems that can cause problems

the $10 item i use (thats my photo in your original post) have a pivot so they fold up out of way when not using. only thing i had to do was wrap duct tape round the hanging hooks to save my frames paintwork

March 27, 2004, 6:43 p.m.

I was down in Portland and thought it would be great for my bikes.

March 28, 2004, 10:01 p.m.

Has anyone used one of these for their big FS bike?

http://www.racorinc.com/pbh-1.html

Ive got my bike on a setup so it looks like it's humping a bookshelf and it works great as it snuggles up nicely against a wall, uses minimal floorspace (less than 1/2 vs resting the bike on both wheels on the floor) and provides tons of storage for all my tools, parts, and biking related stuff.

I'm moving into a place with a 14 foot ceiling - it'd be a shame to have all that wasted space above the bike so I was thinking of the ceiling rack.. but wanted to see if anyone else has used it and finds it convenient.

All you need for riding is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure.

March 29, 2004, 10:14 a.m.

A roof mounted pulley system would work great, and you could probably just buy a couple of pulleys at a hardware store.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells