vorsprung corset

March 3, 2015, 9:29 a.m.

Now that I have a CCDBA I won't likely go back. For any new bike to now be a contender it has to have fitment for a CCDBA.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 3, 2015, 9:37 a.m.

Now that I have a CCDBA I won't likely go back. For any new bike to now be a contender it has to have fitment for a CCDBA.

I would add that the BOS Kirk is at least as good as if not better IMO than the CCDBA. I have both and give a slight edge to the BOS. However, it doesn't have the range of adjustability of the CCDBA and it is more expensive.

But Fox is finally working on an air can fix for their dampers that is about 3 years too late, but better late than never.

March 3, 2015, 10:08 a.m.

I love that a non suspension company like Cane Creek has a superior shock over Fox which is purely a suspension company. Yes I know Ohlins was involved with the CC but I still find it amusing.

March 3, 2015, 10:39 a.m.

Agreed. All that time/money spent to try and get a shock to work as it should out of the box. Ditch the fox, get a CCDB of any flavor and you will never look back.

granted this is ~$500 cheaper than a cc shock replacement. i certainly wasn't going to spend that kind of $$. i imagine there's heaps of people running oem shocks that don't really need that range of damper tuneability, but could probably benefit from the air spring improvements afforded by this widget.

March 3, 2015, 10:53 a.m.

granted this is ~$500 cheaper than a cc shock replacement. i certainly wasn't going to spend that kind of $$. i imagine there's heaps of people running oem shocks that don't really need that range of damper tuneability, but could probably benefit from the air spring improvements afforded by this widget.

Depends on how you look at it I guess. Buy the CC for ~$500 (can find many for less in the classifieds), sell the Fox for ~$250, save the $150 on the Corset. Maybe you come out spending $50-$100, maybe you break even. What you have in the end is a superior shock without the band-aids you need on the Fox.

March 3, 2015, 11:17 a.m.

Agreed. Plus for the newer generation of bikes that might not have room for a CCDBA and are Fox-mandatory this is a great option.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 3, 2015, 12:37 p.m.

Yeah. I think for many folks too much adjustment is a bad thing. My friends son for example. He had aired up his 36 180 to 80 psi. he weighed about 140 then. Claimed that he didn't want to bottom out. He thought it was a bad thing that might damage something. I took his psi down to 60 and he then agreed the fork was working way better. I think we ended up at 50 psi. He's quite a bright kid and I think he can now adjust his suspension better than I do. When I gt my Bronson I could have upgraded to a CC shock but it eliminates using a bottle and I figured I would screw up the adjustment. I like simple so I am intrigued by this Corset.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

March 3, 2015, 12:52 p.m.

^the ability to run a large bottle is a priority for me, which had me contemplating an inline for a bit. from what i've read, the cc air spring rate curve is not unlike the fox, so while the damper may be better, the large negative spring of the corset might actually yield a more significant improvement to the 'wonky' dynamics of the (vpp) suspension design. we shall see…

March 10, 2015, 4:11 p.m.

I've got a few rides on this thing now… including some old-skool Shore punishment and some buff Chuckanut trails.

I've ended running it at 190 psi. There's more mid-stroke pop and less flop. Doesn't feel harsh and doesn't bottom out too easily at 190 psi. Overall, a noticeable improvement over the old XV can.

June 6, 2015, 1:53 p.m.

Ordered mine today, just gonna have to wait 4-5 weeks till they're back in stock.

Pumped to try it out and see how much better it'll make my rp23. I'll post back again after I've tried it out…

I ride bikes, when I can.

June 7, 2015, 2:49 p.m.

Bought the Corset. Works as advertised. I'm riding faster and better immediately.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.