vorsprung corset

Feb. 20, 2015, 5:03 p.m.

Let alone saying a linear spring rate is a good thing considering some of the whacked out leverage rates on some bikes.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Feb. 20, 2015, 7:34 p.m.

And here's the official version.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/sneak-peek-fox-prototype-air-shock.html

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Feb. 20, 2015, 8:17 p.m.

And here's the official version.

http://www.pinkbike.com/news/sneak-peek-fox-prototype-air-shock.html

Shite… you beat me to it!

Feb. 20, 2015, 8:38 p.m.

love the Corset name, brilliant!

Feb. 20, 2015, 8:42 p.m.

Shite… you beat me to it!

I knew they had something in the works and didn't think it would be long till they stole the Vorsprung's thunder.

- Morgman

Feb. 20, 2015, 9:18 p.m.

I'll stick with ccdb.

Feb. 20, 2015, 10:41 p.m.

placed an order for one. inevitably fox will figure their shit out at some point (one would hope), but (if it works as advertised), it could be a good, relatively low cost tweak for the heaps of oem shocks already out there. will see how it goes.

March 2, 2015, 3:27 a.m.

Hey guys, Steve here - appreciate the coverage and the discussion. We're stoked about the reception the Corset has had, to say the least!

We've had so many questions about "will this work on my particular frame" that it seemed more efficient to write a small novel on how the Corset interacts with the various linkage types out there than to try to answer each question individually. It's a big, in-depth tech post that's arguably a touch large to reproduce here, but if you're interested in reading it the link is here - How Will The Corset Work With My Frame?

Any other questions, please feel free to hit me up on steve at vorsprungsuspension dot com.

VorsprungSuspension.com
facebook.com/VorsprungSuspension
TLA Compression System - Fox 34 CTD Upgrade Kits

March 2, 2015, 7:25 a.m.

good stuff! got mine installed (and pulled the stock volume spacer). still waiting on a couple bits to get the bike out on the trail, alas. beginning stroke is noticeably more supple, for sure. looking forward to riding the thing.

March 2, 2015, 12:20 p.m.

good stuff! got mine installed (and pulled the stock volume spacer). still waiting on a couple bits to get the bike out on the trail, alas. beginning stroke is noticeably more supple, for sure. looking forward to riding the thing.

Hi, did the Corset come with the Fox juice?

March 2, 2015, 12:42 p.m.

no.

March 2, 2015, 6:37 p.m.

I posted earlier on mtbr. Just time for one quick ride down Bobsled but great so far!

--

I was lucky enough to get my order in early, and live down the road from Whistler where Vorsprung is, so I suspect that I'm one of the first few production customers to receive and install their Corset.

Long story short, it works exactly as advertised on my Tracer 275 (VPP) with Factory Float CTD. I'm light and always had to run low pressure (135psi) to get decent sag or small bump compliance. This of course led to excessive wallowing midstroke and riding way too deep in the travel on rough terrain (which is everything here on the north shore.)

The Corset fixes this handily. Now running 160psi to get the same sag, and the travel feels way more linear and supportive. At the end it still gets super progressive, but I also didn't realize that I should have removed the large volume spacer that was in from the factory.

I put the Corset on this weekend as part of my overdue air can service and it's beautifully machined and looks great. It's the real deal, and even better priced in Canadian $. Thanks Steve for a great piece of work.

March 3, 2015, 9:05 a.m.

Here's my Corset story. I am a 150lbs male riding a Banshee Rune. I enjoy a bit of Endur-bro racing, mild hucking, pedalling, erratic jumping, doing skids on fire-roads and long walks on the beach.

I started off with a 2013 Fox CTD Factory (low volume can) and couldn't get it to feel acceptably taught in the middle. As a fix I put a DHX RC4 coil on there - the old, more progressive version with the big diameter shaft (I said "shaft"). That was good, but heavy.

Next, I sent an old-stock RP23 (XV can) to Avalanche to be implanted with Enduromagical space-technology. That was better than the CTD, but I was using 160-170 psi (not enough sag) to get a nice and non-floppy feeling in the middle. I raced Trans-Provence on it last year and it was pretty good. My next planned experiment was to put volume spacers or a low volume can on the Avalanched RP23, but then the Corset appeared.

As others have said, the look and feel of the thing are nice and I did not get any Fox juice included with it. It feels softer at the top and tighter in the middle than the old can, as advertised. I upped my pressure a little bit to around 175-180 psi for now. It seems promising.

March 3, 2015, 9:13 a.m.

It's absurd to have to go through all this to get a Fox rear shock to feel good.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

March 3, 2015, 9:28 a.m.

Agreed. All that time/money spent to try and get a shock to work as it should out of the box. Ditch the fox, get a CCDB of any flavor and you will never look back.