velocity gear questions.

June 13, 2007, 11:27 a.m.

I did a search, but can't find what I want.

how does the velocity armor feel when worn next to skin? any such rubbing, pinching, pricking or shifting to be bothered by?

how hot is it compared to what type of clothing, and can anyone compare comfort/mobility with a 661 roost guard?

I'm about 5'9''/10'', so 6 plates for the spine protector?

BTW, anyone see the new "juggernaut" armor? looks good, but what's with the straps hanging off the back.

Disclaimer: the above text is in no way or form intended to harm you. if by any chance you are offended by it, please take a moment to Harden the F*** Up. thank you.

"Trust that little voice in your head that says, 'wouldn't it be interesting if…'; and then do it."
-Duane Michals

FOR SALE: NEW Small/med KBC Moto/ATV/MTB Helmets - $70!!!
WANTED: Argon cylinder! 55-125cf
also WANTED: SRAM Rear Derailleur. AND 2.35" 60a hard rubber MTB tire.

June 13, 2007, 11:45 a.m.

I believe Timmigrant is or was using High Velocity stuff. Hopefully he sees this thread, I'd be interested as well.

June 13, 2007, 12:37 p.m.

BTW, anyone see the new "juggernaut" armor? looks good, but what's with the straps hanging off the back.

Going motorbiking? Looks like a painfull pedal. ;)

Looks like the straps might be to sling around your front, like a backpack, to keep the spine protection in place for a 200 km/h crash on a crotch rocket.

June 13, 2007, 12:42 p.m.

I've been riding with the velocity gear armor since May of last year. I got it with the same order as Tim.
It's been working great for me. I wear under armour underneath it to prevent chafing. I'm 5'9" and I have the one with 6 plates and its comfortable. Their sizing is also pretty bang on. The only small modification I made was adding a thumb strap to the sleeves to prevent the arm pads from sliding up as this happened during a high speed crash and I scraped up my arm.
I've never owned any other upper body armour so I can't compare it, but according to Tim the Dainese armour is slightly cooler and slightly more comfortable. I'm willing to make the sacrifice when the price is 1/3 that of a Dainese. This armour also offers more protection, specially the spine protector.
All and all I would highly recommend it. I would also suggest trying to find a few friends and contacting them for a larger order and say its for "biking team". Tim managed to get a substantial discount by ordering 6 or 7 of them for a group of us. Hope this helps.