Uneven tire

Oct. 3, 2016, 7:40 p.m.

Is this such a thing?

When I hit the highest/longest jumps on Dirt Merchant, Aline and Freight Train I notice a front wheel wobble, like someone taped a bunch of toonies to the inside of one of my tires.

Wheels are true.
Bearings are silky smooth.
Fork and wheel are attached properly.

The only thing new is new rubber from the and rear.

Oct. 3, 2016, 7:41 p.m.

Is this such a thing?

When I hit the highest/longest jumps on Dirt Merchant, Aline and Freight Train I notice a front wheel wobble, like someone taped a bunch of toonies to the inside of one of my tires.

Wheels are true.
Bearings are silky smooth.
Fork and wheel are attached.

The only thing new is new rubber from the and rear.

Bead not set correctly? It happens.

Oct. 3, 2016, 8 p.m.

I'll check again, but it looked good when I filled it.

Oct. 3, 2016, 8:09 p.m.

Bead not set correctly? It happens.

Yep, it's weird to see it. Deflate the tyre entirely, push everything behind the rim bead, and then insta-inflate to re-seat it. Should fix the problem. Happened to my TA1 couldn't figure it out for the life of me - but happened. Mechanics behind it - minor burp and roll - doesn't re-seat properly. Everything else is banger.

"I'm addicted to surfing."

Oct. 3, 2016, 8:22 p.m.

Tires can deform under loading (landing at an awkward landing for example) or just not be right from the factory. If you are meaning that the rim is straight but the tire is wobbling either up and down or side to side.

treezz
wow you are a ass

Oct. 3, 2016, 8:44 p.m.

I get the tire-wobble after mounting a perfectly true wheel… I get that all the time.

This time I feel it when I'm in the air… never felt it before.

The … guide-lines? around the tire are perfectly spaced/round around the rim. Wouldn't that indicate proper seating? I'll try deflating and refilling regardless.

Oct. 3, 2016, 8:50 p.m.

my front tire started doing the same as of late , I also noticed the tire sealant is leaking thru the side wall of the tire . betting this is causing my wobble issues

#northsidetrailbuilders

Oct. 3, 2016, 8:56 p.m.

I get the tire-wobble after mounting a perfectly true wheel… I get that all the time.

This time I feel it when I'm in the air… never felt it before.

The … guide-lines? around the tire are perfectly spaced/round around the rim. Wouldn't that indicate proper seating? I'll try deflating and refilling regardless.

Maybe attach computer magnets to certain spokes to mimic car wheel balancing? :D

Maybe more sealant than normal? Very random thought…..

treezz
wow you are a ass

Oct. 3, 2016, 8:58 p.m.

You running the super limited edition Tumour Tamara?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Oct. 3, 2016, 9:11 p.m.

I have a exo minion that I am tossing because it is so deformed. Not uncommon.

Oct. 4, 2016, 1:04 a.m.

Whistler can create really weird problems like this.
Tires start to wear in their sidewalls, do your tires have whiteish diagonal lines anywhere on the side? The structure of the tire under the thread can wear unevenly too.
Dh tubes can bunch up causing problems, tire sealant and even dirt/mud in the rim can cause this. Even have random groups of thread ripped off your tire can be felt in ur hands at high speed.
Good luck, Hope you find the problem.

superheros
I like bikes

Oct. 4, 2016, 7:25 a.m.

Sounds like you are going so fast that time and space are smearing together. The wobble is just the edge of a wormhole to another dimension. If you fear being the first rider making this jump into the unknown, just dial it back a bit.

Or could be too much sealant.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Oct. 4, 2016, 7:59 a.m.

Sounds like you are going so fast that time and space are smearing together. The wobble is just the edge of a wormhole to another dimension. If you fear being the first rider making this jump into the unknown, just dial it back a bit.

LOL, I'm going to go with this one if all else fails.

I'm tubed up, no sealant.

inshane, I've never not developed those white criss cross lines on my tires… these tires are straight off the German boat and onto my bike. Sidewalls still look brand new.

Oct. 4, 2016, 9:14 a.m.

Could be a bad tire. I've had a few Maxxis recently that wobbled, but not out of balance which is I think what you are describing. You can balance the wheel and tire but hanging the bake and spinning the wheel. The heavy part will end up at the bottom and you can tape something to the opposite side of the rim. http://velonews.competitor.com/2016/10/bikes-and-tech/technical-faq-balancing-wheels-mismatched-brakes_422226
Described here just this morning for road wheels.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Oct. 4, 2016, 12:05 p.m.

My rear Highroller II developed a wobble so bad it wouldn't fit through my chainstays. Filled out the warranty form, submitted some pictures and they got back to me within 48 hours, saying a new tire was in the mail. Received it a week later. Thanks, Maxxis!

http://www.maxxis.com/warranty/bike-warranty