Turner Hihgline.....Aaargh Matey

Oct. 25, 2003, 1:06 p.m.

i have no doubts about the upcoming turner as well. turner's reputation is very very well respected, let's just leave it at that. any speculation is just that, whatever

Oct. 25, 2003, 1:26 p.m.

Their is some very stupid arguing going on here, how can you tell how strong a frame is gonna be from a picture of a prototype.

Turners are a quality bike company, they wont sell any bike that wont live up to what they said it could take.

Also that claim wasn't nesecarly made by turner in the first place, someone subitted that to hcor.

and i hate to say this, and i have nothin against bac 5.2, but it is just a little gear whoreish to sell a fork after havent it for what, 2-3 months? so you can get the new model with a inch more travel, dont deny it.

but hay i am fuckin gearwhore my self, so no worries there.

Basically i think it is pointless for you two dudes to be arguing something neither of you can prove, just lay off it.

I gotta agree with mr monster mike here, and i am thinkin about this frame for my next one too.

And not banshee or a big hit:eek: :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: ;) :P

:lol: just kiddin around, the demo 9 is a possiblity.:D

Oct. 25, 2003, 1:27 p.m.

excuse me i meant mtbr. they have those pics up all over, mtbr, hcor, ridemonkey.

Oct. 25, 2003, 1:31 p.m.

short headtube= bad

It is 1.5 though, so it might look shorter than it actually is, because it is wider than normal, and since it is 1.5 the stress is distributed over a larger area than on a normal frame, so you could have it be shorter than normal and still have simaliar frame with a longer headtube.

Oct. 25, 2003, 1:36 p.m.

Originally posted by IFO
**yeah that looks like a work in progress frame design…

i dont care for it at all… looks to angular…:mad: **

:lol:

I :love: IFO

So opinonated.

Way way to angular. :lol:;)

Oct. 25, 2003, 2:16 p.m.

Isn't a shorter headtube stronger? There's less leverage if it's shorter and more surface connected to the down and top tubes. As far as I know, that's why Rocky makes bikes with such short headtubes. Could be wrong

"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid."

~Epictetus

Oct. 25, 2003, 5:16 p.m.

the leverage applied to the welds in that area is dependent on the distance from the hub to the headtube, not the length of the headtube per se. the surface area of the welds themselves is what determines whether that area is strong enough. additional head tube length beyond the weld area doesn't have an effect. it's just part of the lever, not the fulcrum.

http://www.somethinginthewaymag.com

Oct. 25, 2003, 6:06 p.m.

Originally posted by wisc fr-rider
and i hate to say this, and i have nothin against bac 5.2, but it is just a little gear whoreish to sell a fork after havent it for what, 2-3 months? so you can get the new model with a inch more travel, dont deny it.

that's not relevant to the topic of discussion in this thread.

to each his own

Oct. 25, 2003, 7:15 p.m.

Zedbra - When did you become a Turner expert? When is your information less hypocritical than mine? I think making claims about a bike, before it's even close to production, is a bit over the top, regardless of the history of the company. Yeti could make a new frame, claim it's the greatest frame ever, it'll never break. Yeti has a pretty good track record in my book, but I still think it's a bad idea to make claims about a bike that isn't made. Speculations are fine, but stating, flat out, "this bike will be stronger than all bikes" is a bit big-headed, don't you think?

No, I would not be surprised if one broke before a Scream or a Big Hit. So what? It's a first year production bike. Look at the first run bikes from most companies. It's very rare that the first model year of a bike will be perfect. It's like cars. Jeep got very lucky with the Liberty, but that happens from one of every 10 car companies, and usually only once. While the Big Hit has been made since 01, and the Scream has had numerous revisions and corrections since its induction (fix of the seat tube issue). The Highline is a first run bike. I doubt it will go 100% problem free.

I do admit, however, that looking at the other angles of the bike, it looks a LOT less pinner than I initially thought. But it looks very far from production.

Oh, and lay off my mom's cookies. They are wicked good.

Edit: I agree it's pointless. I simply think the statement about being the strongest frame ever is a bit big-headed. I couldn't care less if the frame is unbreakable or not. I just think that statement about a first run bike is ludicris.

Oh, and so what if I am being gear-whorish? Yes, the only reason I am getting the 04 is because it's got an extra inch of travel and will slack out my head angle to where I want it, and SPV. I didn't think that would be a problem with anyone.

I like my women like I like my Scotch. 15 years old and mixed up with coke.

Oct. 25, 2003, 8:27 p.m.

Whats black diamond riding (im slow)

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 25, 2003, 8:32 p.m.

Originally posted by New_Breed
Whats black diamond riding (im slow)

It's a notch down from DOUBLE black diamond riding.

I'm really scared of any double black diamon trails. :rolleyes:

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 25, 2003, 8:34 p.m.

ok?!? is it like freeride or something?

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 25, 2003, 8:41 p.m.

It's some term coined by a couple US bike mags to describe the difficulty of MTB riding. What was known as free-riding was too generic for them, and apparently had some bad connotations with the 'Murican crowd. To make it easier on their illiterate riders, these MTB mags decided to use the skiing analogy when it comes to trail difficulty (although I've yet to see them use the term "blue" or "green" riding).

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 25, 2003, 8:56 p.m.

Sorry to get nasy here BAC(phil) but the first batch of banshees had mainframes that had steat tubes ther broke in half, does that mean they suck nope. Im allittle tired of your pigheadedness around here you and IFO. They get on me about being a super avalanche spokes man but in my preaching I clearly state for me avy is the way to go. There is definately a place for a 5th or a vanilla in the market. Look at both sides of the argument before you decide to. af for the turner it may be the worst bike ever. It may be the best. we simply dont know.

Oct. 25, 2003, 8:58 p.m.

ahh croporate(sp) is one step closer to having everything theyre way

Ha Ha! Made you look.