Tubeless valves favorites?

Sept. 30, 2015, 2:20 p.m.

Never saw that before. All the schrader valve cores I've used do in fact bottom out on a rubber seal, so no chance at stripping. Maybe I just read it wrong.

My point is you could tighten up a sharader valve core enough to fuck it up also tightening a schrader valve core will not tighten the valve because the valve is spring loaded and you know this because no matter how tight you make the valve core you can still bleed off air by just pushing on the middle.

I have had schrader cores fail/stick open from corrosion on a car rim left in a shed over the winter valve side down, or phucked/jammed open from dirt and when I mounted car tires way back in the day we often changed the valve stems as a precaution because it was a minor source of failure

Sept. 30, 2015, 8:01 p.m.

I haven't had issue with valves being gummed up by sealant but I also add a dab of Tri-Flow to the valve stem when I inflate initially.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Sept. 30, 2015, 8:18 p.m.

Its not such a big thing on the bike cuz you can easily change to your spare tube but on your car it could cost you 30$ to get a new schrader valve stem … IME using a valve stem cap can save you lots of hassle

Oct. 4, 2015, 7:24 p.m.

Its not such a big thing on the bike cuz you can easily change to your spare tube but on your car it could cost you 30$ to get a new schrader valve stem … IME using a valve stem cap can save you lots of hassle

Totally agree
Mountain bike action(fiction) mag says valve caps are just so you don't poke holes in your tubes in the package. What a load of crap. They even referred to the "extra weight " of a plastic valve cap, even my aluminum presta caps only weight 1.5 grams.

Oct. 5, 2015, 7:06 a.m.

^^ maybe they mean presta. Those caps are useless

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Oct. 5, 2015, 7:54 a.m.

The presta caps are actually quite useful. I've broken off those threaded nipples from a presta valves more than once, causing all the air to dump out. All it takes is a little stick to fly up and break it off.

Oct. 5, 2015, 8:12 a.m.

Had mavic for a while which were good till I lost them switching tubes. Tried valves that came with a set of race face wheels as well as stans valves and had issues with both not seating well (and eventually tightening them so much that they pulled into to inner wall of the rim). I have had no issues with presta valves straight cut out of tubes.