Trek Road bike size?

Feb. 3, 2007, 6:47 p.m.

hey, what size would you estimate a 6'1 160 pound guy ride. I heard trek had diff sizing then everyone else.

Thanks for any help
i was thinking 158?

(\ /)
(O.o) help bunny achieve world domination. sig him.
(> <)

Feb. 3, 2007, 7:42 p.m.

the sizing isnt all on height more leg length
check the sizing thread in the road forum
i ran my measurments through a calculator and went from there. i bought my bike off the net without a test fit and then went and got fitted. and the sizing was quite accurate. i cant remember the calculator site tho, im sure you could find it with google

brokezors

Feb. 4, 2007, 8:46 p.m.

trek tt's usually run a tad shorter than some other popular brands. it would def. be either a size 60 (58 tt) or 58 (57 tt) though, but without knowing your body dimensions, i couldn't recommend one over the other, though.

intelligent designer jeans
cornichons > dills

Feb. 4, 2007, 8:50 p.m.

Check out this thread (fitting info is starts from post #5):

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=69084

Welcome to the fold.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Feb. 4, 2007, 10:48 p.m.

thanks for all the help,
I found a used Trek 2004 5.9 Madone for 2800 with low useage, does this seem like a good price?

thanks for the help again

(\ /)
(O.o) help bunny achieve world domination. sig him.
(> <)

Feb. 5, 2007, 12:53 p.m.

If you don't get any responses, you could try a Google search (Craigslist ads and/or list price new).

I have the 2004 Trek catalog sitting in front of me, and it was their flagship, top of the line model.

The other thing to consider is, what is the cachet of a (then) top of the line bike to you? $2800 would buy you a pretty nice completely new bike.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

Feb. 5, 2007, 1:13 p.m.

just as an example here is something you could get for around $2800-$3000.

http://bspbikes.com/itemlist.cfm?pageId=224[HTML_REMOVED]sort=pricedesc[HTML_REMOVED]startRow=31

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"