Torso armor for the bike park?

June 23, 2015, 10:39 p.m.

Happy with my 661 Core Saver without breaking the bank. Picked it up for $95. Fits well and doesn't ride up. The lower elasticized waist/kidney strap has lots of room for adjust and you can actually wrap a tube around your waist just above the strap and you don't even know it's there. Micro-pump in the pocket and you're golden. Sounds weird, but it works.

you can snap off the upper two spine guards as well if you're running a neck protector.

Any LBS carry these?

June 23, 2015, 10:49 p.m.

Brad i have the Alpinestar jacket if you want to check it out

#northsidetrailbuilders

June 24, 2015, 8:46 a.m.

Take a look at the Leatt stuff.

I bought the AirFit Body Protector last summer and it is quite comfortable.

https://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/catalogsearch/result/?q=leatt+airfit+3df

How does it fit? By height I look to be a 2XL, but I'm not a giant fatty so worried that its as big out as it is up.

June 24, 2015, 8:48 a.m.

How does it fit? By height I look to be a 2XL, but I'm not a giant fatty so worried that its as big out as it is up.

The vests are a better bet for fit if you're slim.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

June 24, 2015, 11:17 a.m.

I have one of those too and really like it. It's protected me from a few high speed impacts that I'm sure would have broken something. Mine is bonded to a lycra zip-up liner that makes it really comfortable to wear against my skin. You might want to try getting a silk weigh singlet to wear under it then you can still wear your jersey on top to reduce the gorby factor.

Good idea, I'll try that out. I had it against my skin the first day which was obviously not comfortable.

cheers

June 24, 2015, 2:09 p.m.

Brad i have the Alpinestar jacket if you want to check it out

Thanks Mike,

Was just looking for some collar bone protection as I separated my shoulder the week before the Vedder Enduro.
I have decided to go with some Canterbury Rugby shoulder pads/compression shirt that I have since cut into a 1/2 top (lol) and it works great.

See you at Sumas Race , hopefully

June 24, 2015, 6:59 p.m.

Thanks Mike,

Was just looking for some collar bone protection as I separated my shoulder the week before the Vedder Enduro.
I have decided to go with some Canterbury Rugby shoulder pads/compression shirt that I have since cut into a 1/2 top (lol) and it works great.

See you at Sumas Race , hopefully

crappy dude Vedder was a lot of fun , Sumas is gonna be a lot of fun and will be a long course for both classes .

#northsidetrailbuilders

June 24, 2015, 7:49 p.m.

Happy with my 661 Core Saver without breaking the bank. Picked it up for $95. Fits well and doesn't ride up. The lower elasticized waist/kidney strap has lots of room for adjust and you can actually wrap a tube around your waist just above the strap and you don't even know it's there. Micro-pump in the pocket and you're golden. Sounds weird, but it works.

you can snap off the upper two spine guards as well if you're running a neck protector.

Yeah I have been rocking this one for a few years now as well. It has saved me a few times but I did have an over the bars, straight on to the back crash in the park which left me with a broken rib. Although who is to say it didn't save me from a worse injury.

It's comfortable though, doesn't ride up on your body too much.

June 24, 2015, 9:05 p.m.

I'm just under 6' 166lbs with wide shoulders and long arms. I wear the L/XL.

It is comfortably snug on my shoulders and a bit short in the sleeves but has enough fabric in the torso to tuck into my pants well. The material is quite stretchy and I think it would allow for a fairly wide fit range.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

June 19, 2017, 4:18 a.m.

I don't have any separate armor, per say. My jacket has armor built into it. Actually, I saw this thing the other day about a Dainese jacket that has antimicrobial silver ions in it, so it actually helps kill bacteria in wounds if you're ever in a wreck. Crazy stuff. https://motorcycler.com/blogs/articles/leather-bike-jackets

June 20, 2017, 6:43 a.m.

If you're primarily looking for spine protection, how about a rucksack with built in protector? I've got an Evoc FR lite and it's great! (Plus you don't end up wearing extra layers in the heat)