Top notch experience at BSP

March 13, 2013, 6:37 p.m.

They say bad experiences spread around faster than good ones with LBS's, so I thought to balance the universe, I should share a recent first-class experience with BSP… especially since I had heard a few negative sentiments about them here and there from some riders.

Bought my main XC rig last year in Ontario, a Cannondale Scalpel. Last week, the Lefty fork was seriously missed up, something going on with the internals that the bearings ride on. Panic attack ensued, because this stupid fork has a rep for expensive repairs, and I wouldn't be going back to Ontario for months to get it for warranty serviced where I bought it.

Called all Canny dealers in town, except BSP (because of negative things I had heard), but no one would touch it. Even with warranty, one place wanted to charge $50 for paper work, and also charge me whatever it would cost to ship it to Cannondale. I wouldn't get the fork back until 2-3 weeks. At this point I was thinking damn it this is last time I buy anything Cannondale (this bike has had nothing but problems, but that's another story). Finally took it to BSP. The mech opened the whole thing up, fixed the offending problem, overhauled the hell out of it, and even noticed my travel was reduced due to a need for cartridge bleed, and gave me back my bike within a few days. All for grand price of $0, and only requested to see my receipt to check I was the original owner for the warranty.

Oh man, I could kiss these guys. Not even the place I bought it at would have taken care of this as well as they did.

:bandit:

March 13, 2013, 6:46 p.m.

This is the first I've heard of a positive experience with BSP. I'm glad it worked out for you.

March 13, 2013, 7 p.m.

I've had good experiences with BSP.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

March 13, 2013, 7:47 p.m.

When Sasha worked they they were awesome.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

March 21, 2013, 6:46 p.m.

As a current employee of BSP this makes me really stoked to hear.

We had a couple bad seeds in the past and we're trying extremely hard to clear any residual bad vibes from our shop.

Not sure which shop you went to, but last summer we had a new Service Manager Tim start in our service shop downtown and we have made a serious effort to ensure that every single person leaves happy, even in the rare chance that we couldn't fix/solve their issues. I personally do not have a ton of mechanic experience so I'm fortunate to have a job in a place where I can learn. My own personal lack of experience aside, I know that we all do as much as we can now to help make people happy. I love bikes and Tim does too, and we just want people to be happy when they ride or when they have to come in to our shop :)

Thanks for giving us a chance regardless what you had heard on the internet!

Thad

March 21, 2013, 9:46 p.m.

As a current employee of BSP this makes me really stoked to hear.

We had a couple bad seeds in the past and we're trying extremely hard to clear any residual bad vibes from our shop.

Not sure which shop you went to, but last summer we had a new Service Manager Tim start in our service shop downtown and we have made a serious effort to ensure that every single person leaves happy, even in the rare chance that we couldn't fix/solve their issues. I personally do not have a ton of mechanic experience so I'm fortunate to have a job in a place where I can learn. My own personal lack of experience aside, I know that we all do as much as we can now to help make people happy. I love bikes and Tim does too, and we just want people to be happy when they ride or when they have to come in to our shop :)

Thanks for giving us a chance regardless what you had heard on the internet!

Thad

Shame(for BSP….) that Steve finally escaped to pastures new. There's been plenty of good STAFF working at the stores over the years. Good peeps at the NV store too at the moment. I shall refrain from commenting on anyone else :D

treezz
wow you are a ass

March 25, 2013, 11:39 p.m.

I've had good experiences in the NV store.