TIRE TIME!

May 14, 2011, 8:41 a.m.

As other people have been saying Schwalbe with the new Trail/Pace/Vert Star compounds. I've been running Fat Alberts for almost 3 months now and they have been amazing. I use to run Conti only and Schwalbe grip much better in the wet and aren't all over the shop in sizes(Mountain Kings tiny for a 2.4 and Rubber Queens HUGE for a 2.4).

My Fat Alberts have a tread width of 63mm running tubeless at 25psi.

Flickr

May 16, 2011, 12:48 p.m.

As other people have been saying Schwalbe with the new Trail/Pace/Vert Star compounds. I've been running Fat Alberts for almost 3 months now and they have been amazing. I use to run Conti only and Schwalbe grip much better in the wet and aren't all over the shop in sizes(Mountain Kings tiny for a 2.4 and Rubber Queens HUGE for a 2.4).

My Fat Alberts have a tread width of 63mm running tubeless at 25psi.

Hey the Schwalbes trail/pace/vert star compound has better wet grip than the Black Chili compound? Tell me more, sailor!
:idea:

Wrong. Always.

May 16, 2011, 1:06 p.m.

Ah, OK. I've done teh google. It looks like Schwalbe has all new triple compounds for 2011. Sounds like the trailstar compound might be right up my alley. Fat Albert and Hans Dampf have it. And it's all Tubeless Ready now too. And light. I love those fugging krauts!!!
:idea:

Wrong. Always.

May 16, 2011, 7:30 p.m.

Maxxis Single ply Minion DHF 2.5 3C EXO. The Exo casing is like having 1.5 plys. a DH minion casing isn't much thinker. It also only 855 grams.

**Big thanks to:

Morpheus Cycles
Industry Nine Componentry
RaceFace
- Velocity Cycles - **