thoughts on the gran mal frame

March 30, 2007, 10:05 p.m.

what are your guy's and girl's thoughts about the gran mal frame?

JDM POWER!

March 30, 2007, 10:32 p.m.

ugly

March 30, 2007, 10:35 p.m.

ya it is kinda ugly… might as well go for a VP Free or Cove Shocker cuz they have similar geo…

"Jumps aren't dangerous by themselves… confidence, now thats dangerous"

March 30, 2007, 11:17 p.m.

They are sweet, very customizable and put out by a small rider owned company who ride their shit hard and have some of the best CS in the business. The Transition will cost less than both of those frames listed above and still be a VERY solid bike that will last.

March 31, 2007, 12:11 a.m.

They are sweet, very customizable and put out by a small rider owned company who ride their shit hard and have some of the best CS in the business. The Transition will cost less than both of those frames listed above and still be a VERY solid bike that will last.

Damn straight!! It ain't a fashion accessory, it's a freeride bike. Who cares if it's fugly, that's what the dirt's for!! Half the guys I ride with are on Dirt Bags or Gran Mals, and I've never heard a complaint. They ride pretty damn sweet, too. I almost bought one, but alas I liked the Norco just that much more….

"If at first you don't succeed, it will definitely leave a mark!!"

facebook.com/robholio

I wish people would stop whining about braking bumps, they happen and thats why there is full suspension, man up ya posers…

sliding downhill is like sex or pizza …even the bad stuff is pretty good

March 31, 2007, 4:26 a.m.

might as well go for a VP Free or Cove Shocker cuz they have similar geo…

great info:rolleyes:
the grand mal is a single pivot which is identical to a parallel linkage and a vpp right:nerd:

I almost bought one, but alas I liked the Norco just that much more….

perfect reason not to buy one:lol:

March 31, 2007, 9:25 a.m.

I would get the Dirt Bag. The Grand malester is heavy and ugly.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

March 31, 2007, 10:02 a.m.

I would get the Dirt Bag. The Grand malester is heavy and ugly.

Gran mal weight : Frame Weight (without rear shock): 8.75 lbs

Dirtbag weight: Frame Weight (without rear shock): 8 lbs

not that big of a weight savings, although some would consider it worth it. I personally really like my gran mal.

March 31, 2007, 11:44 a.m.

well guys thats for your input made me think more about it. any other thoughts are welcome.

JDM POWER!