thin light flats

May 7, 2014, 1:30 p.m.

And there are some nice looking HT pedals but no one seems to carry them. Superstars on sale?

Evolution in Whistler has them. They're pretty sweet.. think they'll be my next.

May 7, 2014, 3:39 p.m.

There are no thin, light, and cheap flat pedals. Some pedals tick 2 categories, others only tick one.

If I were buying new flats, I'd check out the DMR Vault mags (not ti). And there are some nice looking HT pedals but no one seems to carry them. Superstars on sale?

The nuke proof pedals I posted tick all three

www.travelswithtyler.com

May 7, 2014, 4:49 p.m.

Yeah I picked up 2 sets of the nrg plastic pedals from my local shop for my current rides. First ride on the v-10 busted one of the pins but easily replaced with the provided extras. Only pedals I'll run.

May 7, 2014, 4:56 p.m.

I ran Nukeproof pedals for a bit. Two days in the park and I shed a metric shit ton of pins.

Put the Amps back on but only until I get the new Podium 2's or HT's.

May 7, 2014, 5:06 p.m.

The nuke proof pedals I posted tick all three

true, they do. But lots of people hate the bulge in the middle, including me.

I guess comfortable would be a fourth, umm, whatever, category thing. And some pedals are tiny like the old V12 mags.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

May 7, 2014, 6:01 p.m.

I have heard others comment on the pin shedding on the nukeproof plastics before, and I guess I have just been really lucky on the three separate pairs I have put on three of my bikes. I have had far worse pin retention problems with Wellgo MG-1's in the past. I also don't notice the "bulge" in the middle that others have commented on, but appreciate the nuances that others may experience on their own setups.

www.travelswithtyler.com

May 7, 2014, 8:37 p.m.

Have not used them, but the Xpedo Spry (XMX24MC) is really light (claimed 260g), pretty thin (11mm), and pretty cheap (about $80 on ebay).

http://xpedo.com/products/pedals/platform/144/spry-%5Bnew%5D
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40[HTML_REMOVED]_sacat=0[HTML_REMOVED]_nkw=XMX24MC[HTML_REMOVED]_sop=15

review:
http://www.bikerumor.com/2014/02/18/long-term-review-the-unbelievably-light-and-affordable-xpedo-spry-platform-pedal/

Would be good to hear if anybody has time on these…

May 7, 2014, 8:42 p.m.

I have heard others comment on the pin shedding on the nukeproof plastics before, and I guess I have just been really lucky on the three separate pairs I have put on three of my bikes. I have had far worse pin retention problems with Wellgo MG-1's in the past. I also don't notice the "bulge" in the middle that others have commented on, but appreciate the nuances that others may experience on their own setups.

I ran one set on my previous 2 dh bikes for 18 months and didn't lose one pin so hoping that first ride was an anomaly.

May 7, 2014, 8:45 p.m.

There are no thin, light, and cheap flat pedals. Some pedals tick 2 categories, others only tick one.

If I were buying new flats, I'd check out the DMR Vault mags (not ti). And there are some nice looking HT pedals but no one seems to carry them. Superstars on sale?

The Nukeproof ones tick all 3, and never had any pin shedding problems. I always remove the pins and loctite them back in place when I get the pedals, seems to help with the shedding.

May 8, 2014, 9:55 a.m.

You can also order the Deity brand pedals…same as the Nuke's but with more colour options and zero issues.
$ 49.00

http://www.deitycomponents.com/compound.html

I actually have a pair of the baby blue ones for sale…brand new..$ 35.00. The colour doesn't match well with my Aqua Blue bike so I never mounted them…I'm currently running a black pair.

PM if interested..cheers