The Shank Thread

July 27, 2013, 4:23 p.m.

I'm thinking Tero Tuf for the handle. The hole is for a…well, it's hard to explain. I'll post pics once I get these things underway

Sept. 8, 2013, 10:11 p.m.

^any progress?

my Mora is going strong after a year and a half of use, and i got a new to me axe.

Dec. 28, 2013, 12:15 p.m.

New Spyderco lock blade from my boy for Christmas.. I like this one..

Dec. 30, 2013, 8:11 p.m.

I'm not seein it, but hell if you can make it work all the power to you!

Well, I was actually making referrence to a line from the movie Little Big Man wherein some native guy says "if Great Spirit had intended for man to satisfy woman, Great Spirit would have made man shaped like tomahawk". Or some such thing.

I have never wanted fossilized walrus penis bone in my hand until this post. But wait! I want better. Give me pterodactyl penis. What does that cost? Will it get me online reps?

Hows about this one, its handle is made from the tusk of a Wooly Mammoth.

$9000.00 USD

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 3, 2014, 9:51 p.m.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 10, 2014, 1:37 p.m.

my favourite new trail maintenance/corridor recon tool;

more versatile than any folding saw, flat enough to carry in your pocket, and not overly heavy.
Here's some chopchop footy;

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/345632/

Jan. 10, 2014, 4:52 p.m.

Yeah Lorien, fuck that Broom's shit up!

That looks like a realy nice tool. If I didn't already have a Woodsman' Pal…

…but that looks easier to carry and would do a better job on Salal. Hmmmmm…

Jan. 11, 2014, 12:08 p.m.

works awesome on salal, salmon berry, ocean spray etc. Not a replacement for a Woodman's Pal, but a great complement to one

Jan. 12, 2014, 1:38 p.m.

Just ordered a Condor Kukri

June 28, 2015, 1:53 a.m.

Seven years ago me and my newly wed wife went to Brussels, Belgium for a day trip. A really interesting city with lots of stuff to see.

Bought a Laguiole pocket knife. About half a year later I lost it. Thought it got stolen somehow. It was gone. For good.

Two weeks ago we had our anniversary. …and she presented me a small box wrapped in paper. I instantly knew what it was.

She found the knife at her parents' place in a suitcase. We all have absolutely no idea how it got into it in the first place.

Am really happy about it.

Post a pic later, phone does not want to upload.

Brass fittings, wooden handle, probably birch but not sure.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

June 29, 2015, 8:28 a.m.

Seven years ago me and my newly wed wife went to Brussels, Belgium for a day trip. A really interesting city with lots of stuff to see.

Bought a Laguiole pocket knife. About half a year later I lost it. Thought it got stolen somehow. It was gone. For good.

Two weeks ago we had our anniversary. …and she presented me a small box wrapped in paper. I instantly knew what it was.

She found the knife at her parents' place in a suitcase. We all have absolutely no idea how it got into it in the first place.

Awesome story, and a great anniversary gift.

Laguiole, those are the ones with the bee on them aren't they? Classy knife with a lot of history behind them as well I do believe.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

June 29, 2015, 12:22 p.m.

Jeezus H and I thought I was the only mtber carrying a 6" blade hunting knife in his pack. Mine's a handmade one I got as a gift years ago. It's beautiful. I haven't slit any throats with it…yet.
:fruit:

Wrong. Always.

June 29, 2015, 12:27 p.m.

. We all have absolutely no idea how it got into it in the first place.

I think someone's not admitting they thought their son-in-law is a kook and they wanted to protect their daughter (and others) by hiding a potentially dangerous weapon should said kook lose the last of his marbles.
:idea:

Wrong. Always.

June 30, 2015, 9:20 a.m.

Great story Mic!

My Dad has a Swiss Army Knife my Mum gave him when they got married. He has carried that knife for 30+ years.

>>---------> (x)
My flickr

June 30, 2015, 6:55 p.m.

Awesome story, and a great anniversary gift.

Laguiole, those are the ones with the bee on them aren't they? Classy knife with a lot of history behind them as well I do believe.

Yep. You can also get a matching carving set for the dinner table. My pops got all three pieces, they're pretty. And they really cut the meat like a champ.