The perfect North Shore Jacket??? (Merged)

Nov. 26, 2014, 2:34 p.m.

Guys, check out my review of the Sugoi RSX Neoshell jacket.

What are your thoughts?

http://thebikingbuddah.wordpress.com/2014/11/26/sugoi-rsx-neoshell-jacket-windcoldrain/

Nov. 26, 2014, 8:01 p.m.

Pretty much the best off road rain jacket I have had. And I have had many in 30 years. Super water repellant and decent breathabilty. Great cut, hood optional cuffs not huge nor too tight and pretty easy to stuff in a pack. I can even get it in a jersey pocket but that's not easy. The road version is a bit tight for me.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Nov. 26, 2014, 8:37 p.m.

I've been wearing a Gore Fusion Tool jacket the last couple of seasons. Doesn't pack down that small, but in only wear it when it's cold and I know I'm going to use it. Windstopper fabric is awesome, sheds heat well with pit zips open and breathes very well when you want to keep the heat in but shed moisture from sweat. Has been the best riding jacket I've owned.

Nov. 26, 2014, 10:08 p.m.

Thanks OLD FART, great minds think alike and dress for the rain alike….:brazil:

Nov. 28, 2014, 10:59 a.m.

I have a dakine caliber jacket , waterproof and stretchy , has pit zips ,a hood that works well on helmets.and it packs up very small and light.
Imo it's the cats ass.
Keeps me bone dry and warm with very good breathability…

Nov. 28, 2014, 11:30 a.m.

I agree, the neoshell polartec fabric is far superior to goretex, entrant, rubberized plastic and the other jackets I've had
too bad there isn't much choice in smaller sizes, the roadie one fits me, but there is nothing for women or smaller men
maybe with lots of positive feedback, the manufacturers will product more choices or other manufacturers will start using neoshell

Nov. 28, 2014, 2:41 p.m.

I agree, the neoshell polartec fabric is far superior to goretex, entrant, rubberized plastic and the other jackets I've had
too bad there isn't much choice in smaller sizes, the roadie one fits me, but there is nothing for women or smaller men
maybe with lots of positive feedback, the manufacturers will product more choices or other manufacturers will start using neoshell

TRY contacting Sugoi, let them know. 604 875 0887. I contacted them to research about their company before writing the blog. Let them know your concerns, they have good customer service and you can maybe even get one custom made.

Good luck.

Nov. 28, 2014, 6:35 p.m.

After riding 50 of 60 days in the rain this summer, and trying 3 different shell jackets, I think that this pretty much sums it up:

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=160956

TL;DR? I don't care how "awesome" it is, the thing still leaks.

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Dec. 4, 2014, 9:32 a.m.

I updated this post as I tested the jacket in colder weather (-4 C, this past weekend).

http://thebikingbuddah.wordpress.com/2014/11/26/sugoi-rsx-neoshell-jacket-windcoldrain/

Cheers

Dec. 4, 2014, 11:39 a.m.

You don't need to start a new thread every time you update your blog about a product when you've already stared a thread here.

Merged your new thread into this one.