The Evil Thread

Dec. 12, 2016, 2:18 p.m.

The Riot is a 650+/29 so in theory why not run a 29 front 2.8 minion rear? I guess for any 650+/29 this would work.

The Riot is pretty high on my list…would love to hear your thoughts on it after a few more rides. Would be great if it was a little lighter….other than that it looks pretty rad.

Dec. 12, 2016, 3:08 p.m.

The Riot is pretty high on my list…would love to hear your thoughts on it after a few more rides. Would be great if it was a little lighter….other than that it looks pretty rad.

Yeah the heavy shock doesn't help either. All in right now my build is 33 pounds in the xl. I could get it down in the 31 pound range fairly easily I believe if I went with some lighter parts. I've kind of conceded to the fact that my bikes will always be over 30 pounds or else I just smash them.

Dec. 12, 2016, 5:03 p.m.

Yeah the heavy shock doesn't help either. All in right now my build is 33 pounds in the xl. I could get it down in the 31 pound range fairly easily I believe if I went with some lighter parts. I've kind of conceded to the fact that my bikes will always be over 30 pounds or else I just smash them.

hubsessed on Instagram his Riot is similar weight and he,s got carbon wheels If anyone here is seeking 29" infomation follow hubsessed , he has several 29" bikes he rotates the Riot is one of his faves ,

https://www.instagram.com/hubsessed/

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 12, 2016, 5:11 p.m.

hubsessed on Instagram his Riot is similar weight and he,s got carbon wheels If anyone here is seeking 29" infomation follow hubsessed , he has several 29" bikes he rotates the Riot is one of his faves ,

https://www.instagram.com/hubsessed/

Yeah we follow each other actually, his build is really nice!

Dec. 12, 2016, 5:15 p.m.

Yeah we follow each other actually, his build is really nice!

he has a addiction LOL all his rides are pimp

#northsidetrailbuilders

Dec. 13, 2016, 4:13 p.m.

Yeah, I am on a Prime right now and love it, also not a light bike…built up around the same weight as your Riot with SixC cranks, bars, CK hubs with the steel driveshell/LB Carbon rims. I don't think that weight is out of hand for a big dude like me…newbikeitis is really taking over…

Dec. 13, 2016, 4:26 p.m.

Yeah, I am on a Prime right now and love it, also not a light bike…built up around the same weight as your Riot with SixC cranks, bars, CK hubs with the steel driveshell/LB Carbon rims. I don't think that weight is out of hand for a big dude like me…newbikeitis is really taking over…

Yeah we have basically the same build/genre bike then. Imo bike weight increases progressively as the sizes increase. What I mean is that a 120 pound person would likely be on a small frame. That same person could also run lighter xc spec parts (Next cranks vs Sixc etc.) Heavier guys like us (I'm a fat 230 right now) not only need bigger frames which are heavier just to fit, but a burlier build as well. Like I said before, I've conceded to heavy bikes.