The Evil Thread

Oct. 8, 2016, 10:32 p.m.

I am 6ft and have a 36.5inch inseam.

I rode the large (brother in laws bike) with the stock 60mm stem. JeffsY AL

With the 150mm Reverb the 480mm seattube is sufficient for me. I'd need a 80mm stem though on the large. No-Go.

The XL would work for me with a 150mm dropper, not with a 170mm post though.

I'd triple check seattube length and maximum insertion on the XL at your height!!!

Reach wise the XL would be an option, long seattube though.

Weight distribution is great. It feels lighter than it is. The carbon ones are probably really snappy.

No possibility to test-ride in Canada?

how do you think the bike would feel with a 160mm travel fork ?? there is a store is Squamish now for YT you have to call ahead for an appointment to check out the bikes .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Oct. 9, 2016, 12:49 a.m.

I know 4 people with Evil frames. All 4 frames broke and weren't replaced unless money exchanged hands. 100% rate of failure in my circle. You better believe those frames at fanatic are real.

Is this the second or third time of this for Evil? I remember all the issues with the Undead.

Oct. 9, 2016, 9:26 a.m.

how do you think the bike would feel with a 160mm travel fork ?? there is a store is Squamish now for YT you have to call ahead for an appointment to check out the bikes .

Hmmm, I immediately wondered how a 150mm fork would feel.

But 160mm would push it too far I think. I don't know how tough YT designed the Jeffsy, but remember, it's a trail bike. They probably implemented a big safety margin, because people abuse their enduro rigs quite good nowadays. And I haven't heard of a frame failure even though loads of my friends ride/have ridden YT for several years now. Still, bikes are machines and if they are built for a certain purpose…

A 160mm fork makes me do stuff regularly that a trail bike puts up with from time to time, but not in a particular regular fashion.

If you want to go in this direction, you might like the new 29 Specialized Enduro. It's a burlier bike.
Or write YT a message and ask them directly. Warranty and stuff. They are pretty open for questions in my experience.

Oct. 9, 2016, 10:38 a.m.

Is this the second or third time of this for Evil? I remember all the issues with the Undead.

Id say its the third time around. They had Undead issues which are well documented at this point. When they came back with the Uprising there were issues also. I was hoping that the Following/Insurgent/Wreckoning would be all good for them. I guess we will see :(

Oct. 9, 2016, 11:18 a.m.

^
I recall issues with the Revolt. The replacement DH bike the Undead wasn't without its own issues as well.

These issues were supposed to be addressed by switching to the same factory as Santa Cruz…

It could be the fourth time now!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Oct. 9, 2016, 12:55 p.m.

Norco sight and range 29ers coming out soon as well. these should be interesting wagon wheelers unless one doesn't like norco.

Oct. 9, 2016, 9:19 p.m.

Norco sight and range 29ers coming out soon as well. these should be interesting wagon wheelers unless one doesn't like norco.

Yes on my radar , only issue is they are Carbon fiber only , and I don,t feel I need the bling bling of a carbon ride .

As for it being a Norco for me it,s more of dealing with the shops that carry the line now , not the company .

Norco tried to strong arm some bike shops years back and the shops that deal with them I don,t deal with . Caps is one of them .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Oct. 9, 2016, 10:02 p.m.

Hmmm, I immediately wondered how a 150mm fork would feel.

But 160mm would push it too far I think. I don't know how tough YT designed the Jeffsy, but remember, it's a trail bike. They probably implemented a big safety margin, because people abuse their enduro rigs quite good nowadays. And I haven't heard of a frame failure even though loads of my friends ride/have ridden YT for several years now. Still, bikes are machines and if they are built for a certain purpose…

A 160mm fork makes me do stuff regularly that a trail bike puts up with from time to time, but not in a particular regular fashion.

If you want to go in this direction, you might like the new 29 Specialized Enduro. It's a burlier bike.
Or write YT a message and ask them directly. Warranty and stuff. They are pretty open for questions in my experience.

Spec Enduro is too much rear travel , extra front I prefer .

I don,t think the 20mm difference is going to kill a frame , it,s not like one is throwing a triple clamp onto a $150 Walmart bike .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Oct. 10, 2016, 8:13 a.m.

It'll last probably - go for it :)

Oct. 24, 2016, 3:39 p.m.

How many sales is/are Norco losing by waiting until Jan/Feb '17 to publicly release the Range and Sight 29ers?

Oct. 24, 2016, 4:43 p.m.

How many sales is/are Norco losing by waiting until Jan/Feb '17 to publicly release the Range and Sight 29ers?

you think they would have taken preorders

#northsidetrailbuilders

Oct. 28, 2016, 12:16 p.m.

Yes on my radar , only issue is they are Carbon fiber only , and I don,t feel I need the bling bling of a carbon ride .

As for it being a Norco for me it,s more of dealing with the shops that carry the line now , not the company.

I don't have anything wrong with North Shore Bike Shop… Go talk to Matt and check the 2017 catalog out… I saw a prototype 9.1 on the back of a car this past weekend and it looked awesome!

Oct. 28, 2016, 1:50 p.m.

Every time I see this thread revived I'm all like 'please let it not be something bad'.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

Oct. 28, 2016, 5:34 p.m.

How is the X2 holding up?

NSBS carrying Norco now?

Oct. 28, 2016, 6:48 p.m.

NSBS carrying Norco now?

Yes.