The Evil Thread

March 28, 2016, 9:19 a.m.

This thread is getting a bit derailed. To continue the derailment, I have to say there are many options available between bottle-cage-on-frame, and full hydration pack. It's not simply one or the other. I am firmly in the camp of dismissing an entire bike based on having or not having two bolt holes on the frame is silly.

:fruit:

[EDIT]: this post was obviously written before all the excellent product suggestions at the end of the last page…

Ride, don't slide.

March 28, 2016, 9:23 a.m.

?

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

March 28, 2016, 9:38 a.m.

I didn't see one in this weekends EWS.

curious what these guys are doing for hydration. looks likes there's a few without bottles or visible packs - ie, maes [HTML_REMOVED] rude to name a couple. can't imagine the feed stations are that numerous.

March 28, 2016, 9:38 a.m.

You have to carry twice the water with a pack to replace the sweat the pack creates. They suck.

I didn't see one in this weekends EWS.

You should see how much I sweat. Its embarrassing. Completely drenched, old man sweat.

In a typical enduro race I can go through 4L of fluid and still cramp up. A bottle won't work for me.

March 28, 2016, 9:39 a.m.

dismissing an entire bike based on having or not having two bolt holes on the frame

raises hand

March 28, 2016, 9:51 a.m.

curious what these guys are doing for hydration. looks likes there's a few without bottles or visible packs - ie, maes [HTML_REMOVED] rude to name a couple. can't imagine the feed stations are that numerous.

just watched a vid , to me it looks like the top level pro-riders have very small packs on under their jersey or no pack at all , and that the privateers have packs on .

speaking of Evil was there any racing this EWS ?? there thread back on track LOL

#northsidetrailbuilders

March 28, 2016, 10:14 a.m.

that said, there is just enough room in there to squeeze one in. if i had the bike, i'd strap in a cage in the most ghetto manner i could bodge up (hose clamps perhaps), and swamp kevin's inbox with photos of the hideousness until he relented and added mounts in production. this is jinky, but could do better (or worse, as it were):

i really do want to try one of these bikes.

Are The Following's mounts inside or under the triangle? I'm itching to try that bike!

I've owned (own) a couple bikes with under triangle mounts, they are fine. I do tend in the winter, however, to stash a bottle in my SWAT bibs. The only issue with only using the SWAT bibs are A) they limit the space for other junk (but are great for 3 and less hr local rides), and B) the chamois are still absolute shite. BUT, they aren't standard lycra bibs so seemingly never break down in the wash.

March 28, 2016, 11:19 a.m.

yeah, the wreck is the one i'm (vaguely) interested in. sounds like a beast.

I don't think I have the skills to pay that bikes bills.

Are The Following's mounts inside or under the triangle? I'm itching to try that bike!

https://www.fanatikbike.com/collections/bikes-frames/products/evil-following-frame?variant=15610283203 Inside the triangle. Rather not see mounts on a frame like the Wreckoning than under the down tube.

The Wreckoning was piloted to a 12th place by Toni Ferrerio in Chile; wearing a pack.

You're all filthy monkeys if you base your riding kit requirements off what riders use at the EWS. But yeah, a hydration pack and a lycra kit looks tragic.
Second or third picture in the PB photo montage a guy on the boat is wearing a USWE pack :lol:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

March 28, 2016, 11:43 a.m.

I don't think I have the skills to pay that bikes bills.

few of us probably do. still, long travel monster trucking sounds like a bunch of fun.

March 28, 2016, 11:54 a.m.

Check the latest Vital slideshow from the Chile EWS and you'll see Graves wears a slim pack with a bladder under his jersey. Pull out the tube to hydrate then tuck it all back under for racing and looking sleek for the photog's.

March 28, 2016, 5:49 p.m.

http://www.blackburndesign.com/media/catalog/category/2014-cages.jpg

#northsidetrailbuilders

March 28, 2016, 8:12 p.m.

Wow. This whole discussion about a bottle mount on a bike is ridonkulous. Is everyone really that anal? Just go ride your bikes. There are so many low pro packs like the ones from USWE on the market that I am sure you will be OK without a bottle. Geez.

March 28, 2016, 8:24 p.m.

It's like Jennifer Lawrence wants to hook up but you don't like that she eats her peas one at a time. Like wtf guys, the bike is so amazing.

March 28, 2016, 8:52 p.m.

It's like Jennifer Lawrence wants to hook up but you don't like that she eats her peas one at a time. Like wtf guys, the bike is so amazing.

No WB inside the FT is a legitimate deal breaker. There are many good bikes to choose from so the need to compromise is all but gone.

March 28, 2016, 9:11 p.m.

No WB inside the FT is a legitimate deal breaker. There are many good bikes to choose from so the need to compromise is all but gone.

Well I'm pretty stoked to get my Wreckoning all built up tomorrow. I have my fanny/water bottle pack ready to go! Curious to test the bike and see if the water bottle on my waist ruins my experience