The Evil Thread

March 21, 2016, 3:10 p.m.

are we sure this doesn't already exist?

not for the public yet

March 21, 2016, 4:24 p.m.

Old news:

But still very happy.

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

March 21, 2016, 7:50 p.m.

That wreckoning is a sexy beast of a bike! Id have looked at that if I hadnt picked up an Sworks E29 in the fall.

Interesting comment above re selling the DH rig after getting the E29. Maybe Im looking for bigger balls with a new bike but on the nasty steep and rough terrain (think some sections of 5th on Cypress), I feel that I could use a slacker bike. Granted, I pedal up BLT to get there so Im not sure how Id do that on a bigger bike than the E29, but I do find Im lacking some confidence on the nastiest sections.

get enduro 650b link on there

March 21, 2016, 10:05 p.m.

This is my first single pivot, first Evil, first Weagle bike. After a couple of rides it's clear that this is not an FSR (I've been riding FSR bikes for 10+ years). So far it climbs and descends as well as the E29 but it's very different in ways I can't quite put my finger on yet. Where the E29 was neutral everywhere the Wreckoning definitely has preferences and wants to be ridden a certain way. I just haven't exactly figured out what that way is. Once we know each other better I think this bike will outperform the E29.

I made a similar transition but I went to the Following. If you are feeling anything like I was after moving from the Enduro you will soon be far more aggressively weighting the front wheel into turns and revelling in the chassis stiffness through the chainstays as you transfer you weight rearwards on the exit. The following is a far more confidence inspiring bike for me than my enduro was. I can only imagine the Wreckoning is even more so.

Jon-boy.

March 22, 2016, 10:41 a.m.

The Following VS The Wreckoning

Tough to see how these are marketed as two different bikes when Strobel shreds them both so well…

Ride, don't slide.

March 22, 2016, 12:14 p.m.

Tough to see how these are marketed as two different bikes when Strobel shreds them both so well…

I hate watching his videos. It's like looking at the Chive, it doesn't make me feel good about myself or my life choices lol

March 22, 2016, 6:27 p.m.

I'd like to know what brakes he is using. They're silent!! Mine would be honking and holler'n!!!

J/k

I still say that's a super sexy bike. Me want.

March 22, 2016, 6:31 p.m.

i don't think he uses his brakes judging by the speed he carries into corners.

March 23, 2016, 9:21 a.m.

Fullface v. XC lid.

You can all go to hell. I'll be joining you shortly and I'm bringing beer and cheetos.

March 23, 2016, 8:33 p.m.

I'd be really curious to hear more feedback on this bike. I found in the past that the further past 140 or 150mm of rear travel the worse and worse the bike would climb.

Brilliant!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

March 24, 2016, 2:45 p.m.

I'd be really interested in a bike that's somewhere between The Following [HTML_REMOVED] The Wreckoning. After coming off an Enduro 29, I feel that 160mm + of travel is too much for a 29er trail bike, but I think The Following isn't quite enough. 140mm travel should do it.

My Enduro 29 was definitely a capable bike, but I never really clicked with it. The geometry wasn't right - too high, too steep [HTML_REMOVED] it always felt 'perched' when dropping into steep chutes/rock slabs.

My previous bike was a Stumpjumper Evo 29 [HTML_REMOVED] that had the right BB height, but it was a little steep [HTML_REMOVED] a little lacking in travel.

One of my best rides on the Enduro 29 was with a blown shock. The extra sag lead to a much better BB height [HTML_REMOVED] a slacker head angle. I know you can fit the 650B clevis to the Enduro 29, but I don't think this makes a huge difference.

A 140mm 29er with a 66 degree head angle, 335mm BB [HTML_REMOVED] a 460mm reach (for the large) would be ideal I think.

Did I just describe the Santa Cruz Hightower? Best not get JCL started on chainstay length [HTML_REMOVED] VPP suspension eh?!

March 24, 2016, 3:09 p.m.

One of my best rides on the Enduro 29 was with a blown shock. The extra sag lead to a much better BB height [HTML_REMOVED] a slacker head angle. I know you can fit the 650B clevis to the Enduro 29, but I don't think this makes a huge difference.

A 140mm 29er with a 66 degree head angle, 335mm BB [HTML_REMOVED] a 460mm reach (for the large) would be ideal I think.

With the 650b link on the E29 you'll get pretty close to that HA and BB height. You will however still have that extra 15mm of travel, and the reach is likely closer to 445mm (Large).

March 26, 2016, 8:09 p.m.

seen one today in Squamish , very nice rig , just no water bottle mount LOL ,

#northsidetrailbuilders

March 26, 2016, 8:47 p.m.

seen one today in Squamish , very nice rig , just no water bottle mount LOL ,

:lol: apparently that's the hottest deal-breaker going

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 27, 2016, 9:55 p.m.

that said, there is just enough room in there to squeeze one in. if i had the bike, i'd strap in a cage in the most ghetto manner i could bodge up (hose clamps perhaps), and swamp kevin's inbox with photos of the hideousness until he relented and added mounts in production. this is jinky, but could do better (or worse, as it were):

i really do want to try one of these bikes.