TBC Stepdown Pedal

June 5, 2008, 12:03 p.m.

Does anyone use these? How are they? They come in pretty cool colors, and look to be fairly decent for the price. Any info is appreciated. I'm in the market for some new pedals right now and I'm trying to figure out what to get.

June 5, 2008, 12:19 p.m.

Yep, I have two pairs. I like them, they're not fancy but they work well. They are a good size and they've lasted a long time. Great for the price.

The pins are grippy and they are easy enough to take out if need be. I haven't had to replace any pins so I don't know if replacements are easy to come by but they look like pretty standard pins.

My one gripe is with the end cap on the axle. I think it's a 5 or 6 mil hex head and it's pretty shallow. Like all pedals they eventually will need a bit of new grease in the axle and since there are no grease ports you have to remove the cap in order to grease them. By the time I got around to it (the pedals stayed smooth for a long time) the cap was completely seized. I stripped it trying to get it out.

It's probably my fault and not the pedals but it's still frustrating.

Hope this helps.

June 5, 2008, 1:17 p.m.

I have them on my dirtbag and love them…but as the poster above me said the end cap is very shallow and made out of a very soft metal…strips VERY easily, but super easy to maintain other than that, great grip and great bang for the buck IMO.

June 5, 2008, 2:05 p.m.

Better bang for buck than an MG-1?

June 5, 2008, 2:44 p.m.

Better bang for buck than an MG-1?

Couldn't agree more.

MG-1

/end thread.

oh hai!

June 5, 2008, 3:11 p.m.

Couldn't agree more.

MG-1

/end thread.

yeah… when you can get them for like $45 to your door over ebay, it's kinda tough to pick anything else.

Check my stuff for sale!

June 5, 2008, 5:02 p.m.

Yep, I have two pairs. I like them, they're not fancy but they work well. They are a good size and they've lasted a long time. Great for the price.

The pins are grippy and they are easy enough to take out if need be. I haven't had to replace any pins so I don't know if replacements are easy to come by but they look like pretty standard pins.

My one gripe is with the end cap on the axle. I think it's a 5 or 6 mil hex head and it's pretty shallow. Like all pedals they eventually will need a bit of new grease in the axle and since there are no grease ports you have to remove the cap in order to grease them. By the time I got around to it (the pedals stayed smooth for a long time) the cap was completely seized. I stripped it trying to get it out.

It's probably my fault and not the pedals but it's still frustrating.

Hope this helps.

I had the same problem, and my axle seperated from the pedal body on the stripped pedal which I cannot get back together. Other than that they were good pedals.

June 5, 2008, 9:04 p.m.

yeah… when you can get them for like $45 to your door over ebay, it's kinda tough to pick anything else.

On the box it says BEST CHOICE FOR PEDAL

It's hard to argue with that, the box fucking said so.

oh hai!

June 5, 2008, 9:25 p.m.

Does anyone use these? How are they? They come in pretty cool colors, and look to be fairly decent for the price. Any info is appreciated. I'm in the market for some new pedals right now and I'm trying to figure out what to get.

I have the green ones on my Dirtbag, so far so good. A couple of months on them and they are grippy and durable, ask me again after I've worked my WBP Season Pass a few more times!