Tannus inserts are ordered.

Aug. 6, 2020, 12:02 p.m.

But do I put both on the hardtail or one in each rear wheel? I’m only 140 pounds and I rarely bottom the front at 15 psi front on 2.5 Assegai. 2.4 Dissectors on hardtail need about 4 psi more to not bottom out. Excited anyway.

Aug. 6, 2020, 2:57 p.m.

I want a set for the DH bike. But at the moment the cost of shipping is putting me off. Did you get them locally?

I'd just put them in the rear if I was you. I've only dented a front rim a couple of times. The rear though is a different matter and I have a good 50 over you.

Last edited by: Kieran on Aug. 6, 2020, 2:59 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Aug. 6, 2020, 3:23 p.m.

Depends what you are looking for in a tire insert. If you just want rim protection, then installing in the rear only makes sense. I would do front and rear if you want to take full advantage of the sidewall support in the corners and dampening over the rough stuff the inserts provide.

Aug. 6, 2020, 4 p.m.

Posted by: Kieran

I want a set for the DH bike. But at the moment the cost of shipping is putting me off. Did you get them locally?

I'd just put them in the rear if I was you. I've only dented a front rim a couple of times. The rear though is a different matter and I have a good 50 over you.

No. Ordered from the US. If it was only rim protector I’d just run a bit more air but I am interested in improved grip and cornering.

Aug. 6, 2020, 4:55 p.m.

Doesn’t improved grip and higher cornering speeds = more trail damage/erosion?

Aug. 6, 2020, 6:36 p.m.

Posted by: andy-eunson

No. Ordered from the US. If it was only rim protector I’d just run a bit more air but I am interested in improved grip and cornering.

You just answered your own question then :)

I'm looking for both. But the rear rim protection is the real reason I'm tempted.

Aug. 6, 2020, 8:48 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

Speed for an old man like me is a relative thing. And more grip equals less sliding equals less trail damage.

Aug. 7, 2020, 8:59 a.m.

I only just realised that they are doing tubeless systems now. They only did the versions with tubes last time I looked. Half the price of Cush Core. Interesting to see the reviews. Has anyone seen any?

Aug. 7, 2020, 9:40 a.m.

I only just realised that they are doing tubeless systems now. They only did the versions with tubes last time I looked. Half the price of Cush Core. Interesting to see the reviews. Has anyone seen any?

$90 for the pair . They are sold out.

Aug. 7, 2020, 1:45 p.m.

I’ve been insert curious for a while but nothing has seemed quite right yet for me - the tubeless tannus looks ideal!

Anyone tried em yet?

Aug. 7, 2020, 2:11 p.m.

rimpactmtb....  $140 for the pro version with valves delivered to NV.

Aug. 7, 2020, 7:49 p.m.

Looking at the design, I wonder how the sidewall support would compare to cushcore. I would be interested to see a head to head on that one - hint hint NSMB. I can't imagine it could support as well due to having less material and so forth.

Aug. 7, 2020, 8:44 p.m.

Ran Nukeproof ARD today for the first time - seemed to do the job with no flats at the bike park. Granted I had pressures up - so next step is to drop Pressures lower than normal while riding the shore and see...

2 beer installation and a fair amount of sweat equity was required last night.

Aug. 7, 2020, 8:56 p.m.

Posted by: RAHrider

Looking at the design, I wonder how the sidewall support would compare to cushcore. I would be interested to see a head to head on that one - hint hint NSMB. I can't imagine it could support as well due to having less material and so forth.

I don't get the sense they do anything for sidewall support. I don't really get the design to be honest - I guess they are meant to provide snakebite protection and the design is to make install easier. If rather sweat a little and get some sidewall support personally but options are good.

Aug. 7, 2020, 10:14 p.m.

Posted by: andy-eunson

Posted by: syncro

Speed for an old man like me is a relative thing. And more grip equals less sliding equals less trail damage.

my comment wasn't directed at you specifically, just a general observation.

as for the erosion part, just because more grip may equal less sliding that doesn't mean less trail damage. more grip and higher speeds means the tire digs into the dirt more which equals more stress on the trail bed and more erosion.