Sweet Roadie

March 19, 2013, 12:59 p.m.

That was a reference to when he was accused of having a motor in his seat tube/seat post and cleverly switching the frame mid stage to avoid the stewards.

the Di2 is tempting, especially since Shimano updated the wiring harness. However, I'm a tad leery of the inability to adjust my own shifting on the road. It's one thing to be a few minutes away from a team car, another thing to be on day 2 of a credit card tour and nowhere near a shop with the gear to plug into Di2.

Yes the system has a trim mode and a crash mode, the system has like a Rack In Pinion type system, more like a rack in gear system, where in a crash the internal mechanism separates from the gears so the derailleur moves freely along its parallelogram. After a crash you to re engage the system by holding the one button on the control box for 5 seconds and it reconfigures itself by fully checking the system and finding what gear you are in, just continue riding. In the case of if you buddy lays down your bike on the derailleur, (stupid buddy) and bends your hanger a bit and you get chugging while shifting, you just put it in your 5th cog press the one button on the control box for 2 seconds and you paddle shifters become your trim paddles moving the rear d by .2 mm increments in our out, once it is set you are back to hammer time!

There is very little that can go wrong with you shifting otherwise, it is like pressing the k key on your computer, it always puts a k on the screen.

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

March 19, 2013, 1:16 p.m.

There is very little that can go wrong with you shifting otherwise, it is like pressing the k key on your computer, it always puts a k on the screen.

unless you do something dumb like pour fork oil on your keyboard. then you are stabbing at the k key 4 or 5 times before one shows up… only there's now and endless string of them kkkkkkkkkkkkk

make things more complicated, and the likelihood and consequences of failure increase too. i'd be interested to hear how foolproof you find the system after a full year on it… though i wouldn't necessarily believe you

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 19, 2013, 1:24 p.m.

Have a great day at work boyz!

Hahahaha, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrnnnnn

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

March 19, 2013, 2:02 p.m.

March 19, 2013, 2:13 p.m.

unless you do something dumb like pour fork oil on your keyboard. then you are stabbing at the k key 4 or 5 times before one shows up… only there's now and endless string of them kkkkkkkkkkkkk

make things more complicated, and the likelihood and consequences of failure increase too. i'd be interested to hear how foolproof you find the system after a full year on it… though i wouldn't necessarily believe you

I have been on the Di2 for 4 years, granted new systems each year and never had a problem yet, all those bikes are still out there enjoying the ride and running flawlessly. Sorry the system works! If it is not for you and you don't trust it then it just isn't for you?

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

March 19, 2013, 2:14 p.m.

HOLY SHIT, THAT ANIMATED GIF HAS MADE ME RE-EXAMINE MY PREJUDICES! Ima run out and buy a bunch of Marin garbage so I can live vicariously through some 40 year old douchebag with the priorities of a teenager. LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!

I hate on self promoting takers, and have no shame about that.

I can think of sooooo many volunteers who contribute so much more to the scene, and other people's stoke levels who are scraping by on clapped out gear. Trail builders, youth development coaches, event organizers.

Get out there? Howsabout, get the fuck outta here?

March 19, 2013, 2:19 p.m.

Sweet dude.

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=107840

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=110454

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=120496

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=129208

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=134450

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arf2TxeYPDs

Same crap.

It's not hate, it's being sick of the same old crap over and over again. Five threads alone with the same "sweet new bike" title. More threads if you do a search with the new bike propped against the garage door. Each one the bestest like ever dude.

March 19, 2013, 2:25 p.m.

you can hate on his self promotion but Norona is a genuine good guy and loves the sports he does.

or at least that's my first hand experience meeting him in a number of sports.

March 19, 2013, 2:30 p.m.

I think it's funny how bent out of shape people get about this…I know exactly what I am going to get when I click one of Dave's posts and if you don't by now well….lol.

Every time you reply to this post you bump it up for all to read, you are doing Dave a favour, but if you just ignore it instead of getting your panties in a bunch over it then it just goes away, your blood pressure does not go up and all is good with the world. But, instead you gotta be right, you gotta piss on someone's parade, you gotta get all drama on the boards…and the only person laughing is Dave because you are just showing off his stuff even more.

Don't like Daves posts…so friggin what? It's easy…don't click on it, don't give it attention and it goes away.

This is too simple for some people though.

March 19, 2013, 2:51 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFOqfJEzcIU
this [HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED][HTML_REMOVED] Norona's materialistic show off fake soul.

March 19, 2013, 2:59 p.m.

edit: nvm, life's too short

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 19, 2013, 3:24 p.m.

Did the earlier system have the adjustability or did that come along with the change from 2-pin to 4-pin wiring (or was it 4-pin to 2-pin). Regardless, I think the first gen had a system that left you in the middle of the cassette after a crash or error.

This increased detail about the Di2 system is much better than the original post :P

March 19, 2013, 3:28 p.m.

I don't mean to "hack" on Mr. Norona in any way- he does his thing and that is great.

But why do all the other commercial enterprises have to sell their stuff in the inside line thread and he doesn't?

Seems he is selling a product just like they are. If Canadian Tire started posting here would it be an issue? - they also do their thing and that is great as well.

and ps - I am very much having a great day at work Dave, thanks

March 19, 2013, 3:36 p.m.

I know exactly what I am going to get when I click one of Dave's posts

Then why not let every brand promoting homeboy post their candy here?

Every time you reply to this post you bump it up for all to read, you are doing Dave a favour, but if you just ignore it instead of getting your panties in a bunch over it then it just goes away, your blood pressure does not go up and all is good with the world.

What favour are you referring to? How many people are going to rush out and buy a Marin after reading this thread?

the only person laughing is Dave because you are just showing off his stuff even more.

Don't like Daves posts…so friggin what? It's easy…don't click on it, don't give it attention and it goes away.

Or, call a spade a spade and potentially maximize the amount of people that may develop a small amount of mouth throw-up in response to seeing a Marin. Yeah, guess that works as well.

March 19, 2013, 3:36 p.m.

Here is Cam's post from inside line:

"For some time now we've wanted a place where shops, manufacturers and other industry insiders can communicate with our bulletin board community as well as other nsmb users who come here to find out what's going on. It's finally here.

The Inside Line is a place where you can find out when bikes arrive at your local shop, when someone is looking for staff or when a new prototype rolls out. Anything subscribers want to communicate to you can be posted here. Sometimes threads will be posted as announcements and you won't be able to respond and other times you'll be able to give your two bits.

Please keep it within our terms of use though - those will be strictly adhered to in this forum.

Stay tuned for more info from other subscribers.

Call or email me ([email protected]) if you have any questions or if you'd like to subscribe to this forum so you can post your own threads.

Cam McRae
604.833.6796 "

Seems to me the good folks at Marin can have their guy post there eh. Again - not personally that worried about it, I am to shallow to ride a Marin - for fk sakes why do they insist on making such ugly bikes?