Sweet Roadie

March 17, 2013, 7:18 a.m.

. Get fucked.

What, is this site the sacred domain of basement enthusiast shitbirds now or what?

I like it when pro's of any industry share whats new in forums like this.

Furthermore,Dave's pictures add value and good content to this site…..a heck of a lot more than nyou and your bros cackling over the newest shiny bit you bought for your liftline princess of a bike.

If you cant handle it and think a few photos here and there are too much,report the posts to Cam.

…..or don't click.

Pastor of Muppets

March 17, 2013, 9:33 a.m.

What, is this site the sacred domain of basement enthusiast shitbirds now or what?

Furthermore,Dave's pictures add value and good content to this site…..a heck of a lot more than nyou and your bros cackling over the newest shiny bit you bought for your liftline princess of a bike.

If you cant handle it and think a few photos here and there are too much,report the posts to Cam.

…..or don't click.

Cracker Boy, you sound like a broken record with your if you don't like it don't click mantra . Why are you so mad about this? Is Dave a friend of yours?

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

March 17, 2013, 9:48 a.m.

bunch of bitches bitchn….nice bike dave.

mutter mutter cough lucky fukkr cough mutter mutter

March 18, 2013, 2:58 p.m.

What does he share? That the bike is "really cool" and that the battery is in the seatpost? The first fact is entirely uninformative, and inaccurate in my opinion. The second one doesn't tell me anything the Marin website doesn't.

How about posting something I don't know like "the colours are based on the ruffled blue tit's plumage" or "this bike works well for someone with a long torso".

March 18, 2013, 3:44 p.m.

Sorry to derail the thread - but could someone tell me why does a bike need a battery?

And if it has a battery - wouldn't you want that sucker as close to the BB as possible (weight close to cg etc. etc insert some engineering term here) not up high in the seatpost.

Now if it is hooked up to the axle in someway - Mr. Norona sir please tell me more. This fat old guy could use all the help he can get.

March 18, 2013, 3:49 p.m.

truly awesome to witness one of these massive rep-leviathans emerge from the torrid depths of nbr to wreak havok on the bike-related boards

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

March 18, 2013, 4 p.m.

Sorry to derail the thread - but could someone tell me why does a bike need a battery?

And if it has a battery - wouldn't you want that sucker as close to the BB as possible (weight close to cg etc. etc insert some engineering term here) not up high in the seatpost.

Now if it is hooked up to the axle in someway - Mr. Norona sir please tell me more. This fat old guy could use all the help he can get.

It's for the electronic shifting (little motors moving your derailleurs). Marin must have gotten the idea from Fabian Cancellara.

March 18, 2013, 4:18 p.m.

Yes. Shimano even claim that one of the advantages of Di2 is that the weight of the group sits low down due to most of the gubbins being in the derailleurs and battery, rather than the shifters. So not much point sticking the battery in the seatpost… Also you can't run your favourite super high tech nano-rad seat post.

treezz
wow you are a ass

March 18, 2013, 4:40 p.m.

truly awesome to witness one of these massive rep-leviathans emerge from the torrid depths of nbr to wreak havok on the bike-related boards

Up from the depths. 30 Stories high. Breathing fire, his head in the sky.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

March 18, 2013, 6:26 p.m.

recognize.

Pastor of Muppets

March 19, 2013, 1:55 a.m.

When 99% of NSMB readers see someone raving about their new $6000 road bike:

:bandit:

March 19, 2013, 7:43 a.m.

Yes. Shimano even claim that one of the advantages of Di2 is that the weight of the group sits low down due to most of the gubbins being in the derailleurs and battery, rather than the shifters. So not much point sticking the battery in the seatpost… Also you can't run your favourite super high tech nano-rad seat post.

Awesome stuff in here…as always. Posted the bike as I think it is cool regardless of the brand. Never thought I would ride road bikes much after racing but exciting to be back enjoying one since trials moto has ruined my mountain bike experience because I am lazy and all you have to do is twist your right hand:P

I guess I still get excited at technology even if it is, "just another Chinese knock off". Anyone who loves to ride two wheels of any kind should be able to digest that fact. There are an amazing amount of Road Bikes "OUT There" these days and they all are pretty sweet in my books.

Di2 is awesome, yes electronic and despite many trying to knock holes in it's armour, it is dam good. Never miss a shift, as light as previous Ultegra, uses way less effort to shift(especially for me since I am a lazy motorized guy now), and never will drop a chain going from big ring to small since front and rear talk to each other so when shifting down in front the derailleur moves over then quickly moves back to prevent dropped chains, in the rear the RD moves as you shift through the gears to prevent chain rub.

The Battery is super light, maybe the reason why i was looking for it in the box and thought they must have forgot it, before I realized that there was a wire coming out of the seat tube and a hole for the wire in the seat post, I guess I won't be going to the Tour this year since that heavy thing is so high on the bike, dam!
The other thing is that little light, but high up on my frame battery last so long, guess cause i don't ride enough(every day) cause I am so lazy.

I do like stickers which is why I leave those RAD fork stickers on and the clear ones on the Derailleur, those are my favourite.

Well back to fun, and yeah thanks to Fabian Cancellara for Giving the Marin the idea for Di2 even though it is a shimano product?:smokey:

Have a great day at work boyz!

:woot:

@davenorona

@Dave Norona

March 19, 2013, 8:16 a.m.

Well back to fun, and yeah thanks to Fabian Cancellara for Giving the Marin the idea for Di2 even though it is a shimano product?

That was a reference to when he was accused of having a motor in his seat tube/seat post and cleverly switching the frame mid stage to avoid the stewards.

the Di2 is tempting, especially since Shimano updated the wiring harness. However, I'm a tad leery of the inability to adjust my own shifting on the road. It's one thing to be a few minutes away from a team car, another thing to be on day 2 of a credit card tour and nowhere near a shop with the gear to plug into Di2.

March 19, 2013, 12:02 p.m.

built one of the first Dura-Ace Di2 11 speed bikes to come into the UK, last week

battery mounting was really simple, and very clean compared to the older Di2 groups using the external battery, which ended up hanging off the frame somewhere (either under the BB or sitting in bottle-cage mounting harness on top of the BB end of the down tube)

weight for battery is not noticeable, it really weighs very little so would not worry about weight / balance issues, although Shimano have sacrificed some battery capacity to store it inside the seat post

the new Dura Ace Di2 is actually lighter than the mechanical groupset, which is impressive

regarding adjustments, its really really easy and done using the control box reset procedure and trimming

the bike came with a seat post fitting system for the battery, I could see from the documentation that a range of fitting systems are available to suit different diameter posts and aero section posts

the battery is charged through a port in the control box (mounted under stem) on the wiring harness, whereas the older Di2 required the external battery to be removed from the cradle for charging

derailleurs are much neater than earlier Dura Ace and Ultegra; overall its a very impressive system and much easier to wire than the 1st gen Dura Ace

would be working great, if someone in the assembly plant in TW, had not clipped the wiring cable that connects the lower junction box to the seatpost battery :(

thankfully we have a replacement cable coming this week only $20

March 19, 2013, 12:08 p.m.

Who is this Norona character anyways? I have never heard of him outside of NSMB… and I follow racing, videos, advocacy pretty closely.

As far as I can tell, he is just a guy that brags about all the cool toys and free time he has? I gotta say, that does not inspire me to support the companies captain braggart is associated with. Marin, dump the chump, and give Shaums a new bike!