Suspicious ad on craigslist

May 14, 2007, 8:37 p.m.

I came across an ad about a week ago on craigslist. The ad was titled "Norco Dowhill mountain bike" or something of those lines. In side the ad it said "Need to sell due to moving $1000obo" ( cheap huh?) with a picture of an 06 aline or atomic, couldnt really see due to the blurry picture. I email him asking what model it was and he replied " i dont know". Which really made my raise my eyebrow. I emailed him back saying it was an 06 atomic, asking for an reciept or warrenty card and he never replied and now the ad has been taking off craigslist. The bike could possibly be stolen, if anybody lost an 06 aline or atomic in black let me know i can pm you his email. Beware.

PS: on the ad it said hes in surrey

May 14, 2007, 8:54 p.m.

PS: on the ad it said hes in surrey

Its stolen. :lol:

May 15, 2007, 7:19 a.m.

All things in Surry are stollen.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.

May 15, 2007, 7:23 a.m.

Next time you come across an add like that act like you are interested and meet him at his house and get the serial # then. You can some times BS them and tell them that it was your little bro's bike and you would get the bike bike to the real owner.

is going big on a bike the only way to get you stoked on the sport? what happened to riding with your bros, travelling, and riding unique places, to get people stoked on riding?

May 15, 2007, 12:52 p.m.

If not, you could buy the bike and return it to its rightful owner for what you bought it for :)

May 15, 2007, 10:57 p.m.

If not, you could buy the bike and return it to its rightful owner for what you bought it for :)

So your saying to buy a stolen bike off someone, then find the orginal owner and sell it back to him for the price you paid? (I hope your joking but that smiley face at the end leads me to believe otherwise.) Because, wow that has to be one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard. Anyone that comes rolling up to my house telling me that they bought my bike off someone and now I have to buy my stolen bike off them is in for a serious ass kicking.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 16, 2007, 11:58 a.m.

So your saying to buy a stolen bike off someone, then find the orginal owner and sell it back to him for the price you paid?

That is more or less how Bike Rescue works.
http://www.bikerescue.org/

May 17, 2007, 11:25 a.m.

ya I dont think that will work because the person can always say no they want their bike back then you would be out the money… only if they are NICE would they give the money back

"Jumps aren't dangerous by themselves… confidence, now thats dangerous"

May 17, 2007, 7:57 p.m.

That is more or less how Bike Rescue works.
http://www.bikerescue.org/

I dunno about everyone else but bike rescue would anger me if i got my bike stolen. It is almost like stealing the bike again because its saying you can't have your bike back unless you pay us what we are asking for it. Correct me if im wrong thats just my basic understanding of that method.

May 17, 2007, 8:33 p.m.

Because, wow that has to be one of the dumbest ideas I have ever heard. Anyone that comes rolling up to my house telling me that they bought my bike off someone and now I have to buy my stolen bike off them is in for a serious ass kicking.

They dont have to buy it back, and if you just randomly kick peoples asses, im sorry for you, maybe you could invest the money that you dont spend on the stolen bike into some anger management lessons. It was just a suggestion, you got all serious about it

May 17, 2007, 8:41 p.m.

I dunno about everyone else but bike rescue would anger me if i got my bike stolen. It is almost like stealing the bike again because its saying you can't have your bike back unless you pay us what we are asking for it. Correct me if im wrong thats just my basic understanding of that method.

Dose anyone know if this is the way they work? I had it explained to me differnt.

May 17, 2007, 10:41 p.m.

According to the web site, they work with the RCMP to recover the stole bikes, then they return it to the owners without any charge.

May 17, 2007, 10:44 p.m.

Buying stolen bikes is lame. Shit kicking people that steal bikes is where it is at

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 17, 2007, 10:50 p.m.

ya I dont think that will work because the person can always say no they want their bike back then you would be out the money… only if they are NICE would they give the money back

ya….only if they're nice:fruit: :fruit:

May 18, 2007, 8:25 a.m.

According to the web site, they work with the RCMP to recover the stole bikes, then they return it to the owners without any charge.

Yup, check out their site for details.

It does sound like they appreciate a donation to help keep the program going though.

(Disclaimer: I'm not affilated with Bike Rescue or have had any contact with them, it just seems like a good idea considering the bike theft problem here in the GVRD. Didn't the VPD police auction bike sale have a record number of bikes for sale? Sounds like bike theft is increasing.)