Superfeet

April 7, 2016, 3:47 p.m.

How many of ye use these? What's your colour choice?

I've been using yellows for years with pretty good results. They make my feet less prone to sore arches, align my knees better (perhaps?) and help my narrow flatish foot fill out shoes better than stock insoles ususally do. But I see they yellow ones are really intended for skates and road cycling shoes (not mtb shoes) so I am going to try out the blues in my mtb shoes (as well as jogging shoes, etc.)

Wrong. Always.

April 7, 2016, 3:54 p.m.

I use them in pretty much all my shoes. I normally use the Orange ones (high arch / high volume), but it all depends on your feet and shoes. Make sure you fit your foot to the insole, and dont just pick it based on the size of the shoe. There is a short video out there somewhere that helps you choose the right size and fit.

April 7, 2016, 5:03 p.m.

I have the yellow ones in my hockey skates.

Oddly enough, heat moldable skates still come with shit insoles last time I purchased.

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

April 7, 2016, 5:35 p.m.

I took my old yellow ones out of my skates and put them in my 5 10s. As bad as hockey skate insoles may be these days, the insoles that 5.10 supplies are a complete joke. I'm super happy with my set up now though.

April 7, 2016, 6:06 p.m.

I have flat feet and I use soles

April 7, 2016, 6:23 p.m.

Where can you find the blue soles in Vancouver?

I've been happy with the orange in my hiking shoes but I'd like the thinner blues for my bike shoes.

Thanks

April 7, 2016, 6:23 p.m.

I have flat feet and I use soles

Same. I recently toasted the green superfeets I used in my 5.10's and have now been replaced with the same Sole's I use for nearly everything else I wear

April 7, 2016, 7:10 p.m.

I have some green soles but they don't work as well as soles do for MY feet which is not to say they suck … you just need to find the right one for you

I have several pair of custom mades as well

its really about what is gona fit in my boot or shoe the best

April 7, 2016, 8:36 p.m.

I used blue Superfeet for many years in my cycling shoes (flat feet).

Superfeet are pretty rigid. Lately I am using a less rigid insole, specifically Currex and Giro. The latter is nice as it comes with three arch supports to fine-tune the support.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

April 9, 2016, 3:48 p.m.

orange and green mid volume are the 2 standard superfeet for athletic shoes n boots. low volume skates and shoes (xc race shoes), dress shoes use the yellow or black ones.

orange have a slightly diff plastic structural piece that makes up the outer base but it's essentially the same shape as green. orange uses a poron like foam forefoot which is soft and makes it very popular. green uses a more compressible firmer foam that takes the shape of your forefoot (kinda like leather would) and results in a slightly lower volume and more comfortable feel for me. also the green outer plastic is less damaging to footwear inners as it's smooth shaped where the orange has ridges n shit. same same but a bit different dig? i like the 'sole' ones too. a bit thicker again though, and a bit more flexible.

April 9, 2016, 5:10 p.m.

I've been happy with the orange in my hiking shoes but I'd like the thinner blues for my bike shoes.

Thanks

Wholesale Sports in Langley has the entire line.

April 11, 2018, 6:02 p.m.

How To Fix Flat Feet

The best thing I could do for my flat feet were to actively build the arches in my feet.

The thing with orthotics is they help you figure out proper gait mechanics. Which is something people like us really need. As we tend to over pronate because of our flat feet. Use them to learn proper foot mechanics and nothing else.

My feet used to hurt whenever I cycled or ran too much. I tried the orthotics and everything. They all work great and all, but once you take them off, you feet are weak again. They act more like crutches and I'd rather build up the intrinsic muscles of my feet.

Trying to keep my footwork as simple as possible really. Sit at my desk and roll the soles of my feet out with a massage ball. Worked like a charm.

Check this article out if any of you guys are interested. Best exercises for flat feet.

Best Insoles For Flat Feet

As for superfeet insoles, yeah they work great, I've used them for years too. This article on the best insoles for flat feet should help. Again, fair warning, don't use these things all the time. They make your arch muscles weaker over time and can be a real double edged sword.

Best Shoes For Flat Feet

If you're not into insoles then get the best stability/motion control shoes also help. use them for a while before moving to low drop or zero drop shoes. These low or zero drop shoes are more natural and will force you to use the muscles of the feet. Thus building your arches as you walk. Just don't transition into them too early.

If you follow these steps properly, you should see an arch in your foot within 10 to 15 weeks!

Hope this helps you young guns out! Wish I had information like this when I was younger.

Cheers

Last edited by: wisefool on April 11, 2018, 6:06 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
April 12, 2018, 10:21 a.m.

Posted by: nichburton

Thanks

there is or was a place on the corner of 4th and the street comes up from Granville island where they stocked sole & superfeet, they had a lot of product and they were pretty big into footbeds

April 12, 2018, 10:50 a.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

Posted by: nichburton

Thanks

there is or was a place on the corner of 4th and the street comes up from Granville island where they stocked sole & superfeet, they had a lot of product and they were pretty big into footbeds

MEC sells the Orange and Pink.  Looks like they have also started to carry the Green and Blue.

April 12, 2018, 10:55 a.m.

Had plantar fasciitis for a couple years. A result of long distance running, hiking.

My feet were so sore that when I got up in the morning took a couple mins  to be able to walk properly.

Spent a shitload of money on insoles, othodics, multiple visits to the physio. Had a foot doctor recommend that a higher heel would shorten the ligaments motion in my lower leg/feet taking pressure off. It only got worse, what a clown.

Switched over to a mid strike sole with zero heel (Nike Terra Kiger was best) staying away from anything with a lifted heal. Problem went away. Discovered this on my own, only after did it all make sense.

It took a while to stop walking/running on my heels but when I did it was a gamechanger. That was about four years ago and have never had a problem since.

Last edited by: Brocklanders on April 12, 2018, 10:59 a.m., edited 2 times in total.