super boost plus

May 27, 2016, 10:53 p.m.

I do find it interesting that boost 148 was frowned upon and is now ubiquitous. And Pivot was the major player to bring that to market.

i think trek came up with boost?

http://www.bikemag.com/gear-features/blueprint/trek-boost-148-bike-magazine-exclusive-blueprint-story-new-hub-spacing/#7u6BcMZm8FbYQc50.97

"Nobody really gives a shit that you don't like the thing that you have no firsthand experience with." Dave

May 28, 2016, 6:01 a.m.

i think trek came up with boost?

http://www.bikemag.com/gear-features/blueprint/trek-boost-148-bike-magazine-exclusive-blueprint-story-new-hub-spacing/#7u6BcMZm8FbYQc50.97

Yep… I stand corrected.. I meant to say early adopter…

May 28, 2016, 9:02 a.m.

I just wish that whatever stupid sizes they want to come up with, they would just use the same thing on DH bikes and trail bikes. I'm sure it can be done with no compromise to either bike and would allow me to use whichever rubber is suitable for the ride on the bike I want to ride that day. Such as hardtail in the bike park requires DH rubber. Trail bike doing a few laps in the park followed by a Khyber prefers DH rubber. Taco a wheel? Grab one of the other two you already own. Would be so good if I could take my DH wheels and swap them out in two minutes. So this is potentially a step in the right direction.

But no. As soon as a I get a new trail bike that seems like will have boost, I will have 3 bikes with all completely different hub spacing. For no fkn good reason at all.

May 28, 2016, 8:34 p.m.

i had a buddy recently tell me he had no problem with the rate of change mtb design was undergoing - he was just stoked the bikes were getting better and better. while i can't argue with that fact/trend, i also had to keep in mind that he was a physician nearing middle age in a double-income-no-kids household. ladies and gentleman, the mountain bike industry's ideal consumer

Ya, but he's a fun guy to ride with! If it's who I think it is, he still thinks riding a 29'er would be hard to turn. ;-)

May 28, 2016, 8:37 p.m.

I just wish that whatever stupid sizes they want to come up with, they would just use the same thing on DH bikes and trail bikes. I'm sure it can be done with no compromise to either bike and would allow me to use whichever rubber is suitable for the ride on the bike I want to ride that day. Such as hardtail in the bike park requires DH rubber. Trail bike doing a few laps in the park followed by a Khyber prefers DH rubber. Taco a wheel? Grab one of the other two you already own. Would be so good if I could take my DH wheels and swap them out in two minutes. So this is potentially a step in the right direction.

But no. As soon as a I get a new trail bike that seems like will have boost, I will have 3 bikes with all completely different hub spacing. For no fkn good reason at all.

That's the problem for sure. Boost offers no real solution or benefit in my mind. Negligibly stiffer wheel and I can't tell riding.

At least this 157 super boost thing is backwards compatible to the DH bike you have now. I am really interested in this bike.

May 28, 2016, 9:16 p.m.

Oram needs to get an Aurum or Operator for his next DH bike

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

May 29, 2016, 7:23 a.m.

Fuck yes! This is awesome.

I have this growler, and was looking for a way to mount it to my touring/roady/shenanigans bike.

http://www.pedalhappydesign.com/collections/growlers/products/ssgrowlerbike

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

May 29, 2016, 7:39 a.m.

Fuck yes! This is awesome.

I have this growler, and was looking for a way to mount it to my touring/roady/shenanigans bike.

http://www.pedalhappydesign.com/collections/growlers/products/ssgrowlerbike

That's actually kind of cool

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

May 30, 2016, 7:28 a.m.

so if 650b is the perfect wheel size and plus tires are the new best thing then how long untill were riding 26 Inch wheels with 3 inch tires again.

May 30, 2016, 9:20 a.m.

Don't like the new "standards"?

Just don't buy them. You don't actually need a new bike. You don't have to be an early adopter, particularly if you like cross-compatibility. You only need to "keep up" with the standards if you're trying to "keep up" with the latest and greatest.

Now enjoy your bike, you now have an extra few thousand dollars to take it somewhere special and get something truly valuable - experiences.

I bought a new frame in October. Somehow I managed to avoid buying boost, (by, you know, crossing boost bikes off the list) and now there's a conversion kit for my hubs If I ever decide I "need" a boost bike. I wouldn't buy this "standard" either. Pivot will be fine without me, I'll be fine on some other manufacturers bike.

May 30, 2016, 10:05 a.m.

Maybe I'm getting old (ok, never mind I AM getting old) but yesterday (after the rain cleared out) was a sweet day to get on the city junker bike/cruiser and head over to the brewpub for a couple pints, thai at the food truck and getting the growler refilled. That makes me far happier than the any incremental benefit I'd receive from super boost or boost compared to my 135mm qr hind quarters.

The way bikes are getting we're going to see more lambo drivers with "N" stickers on the trails and less average Canadians "out there."
:D

Half joking/exaggerating. But only half, man!

Wrong. Always.

May 30, 2016, 10:44 a.m.

Don't like the new "standards"?

Just don't buy them. You don't actually need a new bike. You don't have to be an early adopter, particularly if you like cross-compatibility. You only need to "keep up" with the standards if you're trying to "keep up" with the latest and greatest.

Now enjoy your bike, you now have an extra few thousand dollars to take it somewhere special and get something truly valuable - experiences.

I bought a new frame in October. Somehow I managed to avoid buying boost, (by, you know, crossing boost bikes off the list) and now there's a conversion kit for my hubs If I ever decide I "need" a boost bike. I wouldn't buy this "standard" either. Pivot will be fine without me, I'll be fine on some other manufacturers bike.

Totally. I also recently bought a new bike, which happens to be Boost. I opted not to use an adapter kit since, well, I've come this far that I might as well get the full "benefit". It was the bike that I wanted and now it's mine and I've been riding it as much as I can. I'll face the standards issue again when it's time to buy another bike.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

May 30, 2016, 11:47 a.m.

Totally. I also recently bought a new bike, which happens to be Boost. I opted not to use an adapter kit since, well, I've come this far that I might as well get the full "benefit". It was the bike that I wanted and now it's mine and I've been riding it as much as I can. I'll face the standards issue again when it's time to buy another bike.

Can it carry a growler?

Wrong. Always.

May 30, 2016, 11:54 a.m.

Can it carry a growler?

Nope. I live within crawling distance of 4 breweries so growler management wasn't one of my requirements.

There's nothing better than an Orangina after cheating death with Digger.

May 30, 2016, 12:34 p.m.

Nope. I live within crawling distance of 4 breweries so growler management wasn't one of my requirements.

Ah, you're in pomo. :heart: Oh wait, you're in East Van. Nevermind.

Wrong. Always.